Homebrew thought..

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by DarkCrudus, Jan 30, 2008.

1. DarkCrudus
    OP

DarkCrudus The Ghost

Apr 15, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    Alright, so I've been thinking a lot as I was playing Hotel Dusk that what if there was a homebrew that you were to hold the DS sideways as in Hotel Dusk and ready an entire novel. I thought of this after i noticed that it was like a book, ofcourse I do not hold any tools or even the skills in making the homebrew and the problem of can you get a full novel in txt form on the computer. I don't know, this was a thought and I decided to share it with everyone here at GBATEMP, tell me what you think.

2. Harpuia

Harpuia GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2007
    United States
    My House
    IIRC there is one/a few apps that do this, search around.

3. thejellydude

thejellydude GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2007
    United States
    ComicBookDS is a very nice app. for that.
    But keep in mind you have to convert files to use it.

4. Harpuia

Harpuia GBAtemp Fan

Jun 6, 2007
    United States
    My House
    CBDS can do text files sideways?

5. thejellydude

Aug 3, 2007
    United States
    Sorry, should have clarified. Make a php of the text and use a php --> jpeg converter. Use CBDS on that. It works, but needs some elbow grease.

6. deufeufeu

deufeufeu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2005
    wow this is really an awfully complicated thing to do for something as simple as that...

7. thejellydude

Aug 3, 2007
    United States
    I know it seems complicated, but the whole process of making the JPEG files takes only about 5-10 minutes. The conversion to a CBDS file takes a while though...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice