Homebrew Store in the Works (Confirmed)

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Venom Intellect, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Venom Intellect
    OP

Venom Intellect GBAtemp Regular

Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    Last edited by Venom Intellect, Sep 3, 2016
  2. Venom Intellect
    OP

Nov 7, 2015
    United States

3. Sasukesama

Sasukesama Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2016
    there's already one which have all vpk as mp4 to download directly to the vita

smileyhead likes this.
  4. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Kamurocho
    Where? Surely this would've been made public on the forums...

5. THEN00P

THEN00P Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2016
    Gambia, The
    It had been made public, but sadly i released it 1 day before the Vitamin leak.:glare:
    Here i have just update it to have a search funktion:
    http://vitahomebrewstore.weebly.com/
    Just go to the site on your Vita.

Last edited by THEN00P, Sep 3, 2016
    SonsofOcelot and smileyhead like this.
  6. smileyhead

smileyhead Bow ties are cool.

GBAtemp Patron
    smileyhead is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
  7. THEN00P

THEN00P Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Venom Intellect likes this.
  8. Venom Intellect
    OP

Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    Chary likes this.
  9. Stwert

Stwert Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2015
    Scotland

I suppose it's nice to have it all in one place and all, but you still have to download over WiFi and everything. So I personally don't get it tbh, not much different from just throwing it over ftp. Or am I missing something??

10. Venom Intellect
    OP

Nov 7, 2015
    United States
    It's just the simplicity of having a dedicated store with up-to-date things as well as a nice U.I. Besides F.T.P gets repetitive and annoying and not everyone wants to be at their P.C every time they want to transfer files. Sure you can host a site and have the files with a .MP4 Extension and get them directly from the browser but it's just slow repetitive and the browser on the vita is outdated.

11. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    sounds great IF it's regularly updated, I wonder if it's automated, or does it depend on devs updating their own homebrew

12. THEN00P

THEN00P Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I agree on the browser being outdated, making my site work on it was a pain and it still isn't working that well.

13. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    Do you have some magical way to get files from the internet to your vita that doesn't require using the internet that you'd like to share?

In regards to why, it's an all-on-vita way of installing homebrew that doesn't require a PC, that is more than enough reason

Venom Intellect and SonsofOcelot like this.
  14. Stwert

Stwert Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2015
    Scotland
    Rather obviously you're taking that to an extreme out of context. No one said anything about not needing the internet, shocking as it may be to you we're not all retarded.

The point was and let's bear in mind I'm just talking about my own use case, not the entire world, that you are still just using the Vitas WiFi connection. Not that that's much of an issue for small files, but where that file originates, be it local or remote the process is much the same.
    I just don't consider it a hardship to transfer a file from my computer. Which is generally where I keep a backup of everything because I'm a bit of a hoarder for some things. So in your scenario I'd have to download it to my Vita, install it, then transfer it to my computer if it was something I'd like to keep a backup of. I'm not seeing an advantage there.

But yes it's convenient in some cases, if you're out and about away from home you can just download whatever from the website directly. But then I can access my files remotely too so again, for me meh, not much difference.

However we don't all do that sort of thing, which is why other options exist I guess. I'm not one to assume that everyone must have the same opinion, needs, wants and likes as I do. Which is why I suppose I tend to put forward rational explanations rather than ridiculously extreme and out of context statements.

15. Blue24

Blue24 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2016
    United States
    This is awesome i didnt know this. Smart to the whole mp4 thing