mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lettuce said:
pepxl said:
lettuce said:
pepxl, any chance of a cover for WiiEngine/Hugo (Turbo Grafix 16/PC Engine emulator)??

sure no probs, you wanting a CD to?

Cheers!, Im using WiiFlow so i dont require one, but other member may do
smile.gif

giantpune said:
QUOTE(lettuce @ Oct 24 2009, 08:34 AM)
For some reason i cant get the GenesisPLUS GX emulator to work, shows the loading screen then resets the Wii any ideas??
It's the entrypoint of the forwarder again.

So this emulator doesnt work for anyone then, is there a way to get it to work?

Mine is working fine. It forwards to my usbdevice where my apps/genplus stuff is and works same as if launched from hbc. I'm using ver 1.2a or something like that.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
lettuce said:
pepxl said:
lettuce said:
pepxl, any chance of a cover for WiiEngine/Hugo (Turbo Grafix 16/PC Engine emulator)??

smile.gif

quick draft, this any good for you

FullCover.png

Yeah looking good, is WiiEngine regarded to be better than Hugo?

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
mgrimmenator said:
Mine is working fine. It forwards to my usbdevice where my apps/genplus stuff is and works same as if launched from hbc. I'm using ver 1.2a or something like that.

Hmm, not sure why it resets back to the system menu then, what folder is the newest version of genplus surpossed to be in, 'GenPlus'??

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lettuce said:

I have a iso of the gensplus that works on Wiiflow (its a pal version, but runs fine with video mode set to ntsc), it isn't a forwarder but the full program is in the iso (but I don't think it is updated that often). Works fine with loading roms off HDD tho the save states seemed to be stored in different spots depending whether you launch the game from the iso or the boot.dol so they aren't interchangeable. Anyway let me know if you want me to upload it.

Lettuce, could you you link to the forwarder iso that you are using, thanks.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lettuce said:
mgrimmenator said:

Hmm, not sure why it resets back to the system menu then, what folder is the newest version of genplus surpossed to be in, 'GenPlus'??

my structure is this:

root->genplus->roms
root->genplus->saves
root->genplus->config.ini

root->apps->genplusgx->boot.dol
root->apps->genplusgx->icon.png
root->apps->genplusgx->meta.xml

version info is:

Genesis Plus GX
Eke-Eke
20/12/2008
Sega Genesis Emulator

hope this helps.

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mgrimmenator said:
lettuce said:
mgrimmenator said:

my structure is this:

root->genplus->roms
root->genplus->saves
root->genplus->config.ini

root->apps->genplusgx->boot.dol
root->apps->genplusgx->icon.png
root->apps->genplusgx->meta.xml

version info is:

Genesis Plus GX
Eke-Eke
20/12/2008
Sega Genesis Emulator

hope this helps, but maybe this is not the most current version. I did not check. It does work work though. I have over 2gig of roms on disc that it loads.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
lettuce said:
pepxl said:
lettuce said:
pepxl said:
lettuce said:

smile.gif

quick draft, this any good for you

FullCover.png

Yeah looking good, is WiiEngine regarded to be better than Hugo?

i wouldnt know i dont really use any pc engine/turbografix emu, but its easily changed if you prefer Hugo

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roku93 said:
Skizzo: I think it should work if you just take the channel launcher source code and copy paste the code from triiforce that auto-enables the usb/sd NAND emulator to it. I'm no coder, but according to all laws of logic, it should work.
Well unfortunately, I'm no coder either, so that's beyond me as well. You'd think the whole launching VC/WW from the emulated NAND from within a USB loader would be the Holy Grail of NAND emulation, but apparently nobody with the know-how is interested in doing it.
frown.gif

I did PM marc to see if he could tell me how to modify the source to his mod of TriiForce so that it loads a hard coded game, but his reply still isn't enough for me to figure it out. I asked him for a specific code example using any game, which I could then most likely examine and compare against the original source code to see what modifications were made and probably go from there, but he just gave generic instructions (see below). I've replied back asking for an example of the source again, so we'll see if he provides it if/when he responds. Maybe he isn't exactly too excited about people bypassing his work and launching directly from within a USB loader? Anyways, here's what he said needed to be done.

If you need this for creating separate channels for every game, this is already made The original Triiforce can run games automatically. You can create the channel with Crap.
If you need this for any other reason, you should be able to do it by deleting the line where show_menu() is called, and replacing it by boottitle(x); where x is the title ID as a integer (not a string).

show_menu only appears to be in main.c in 3 places but I'm just too noobish to follow even those simple instructions without an example. I'm not sure what (x) should be (an integer?). Does he mean the hex values we've seen mentioned already by spayrosam or something else? I might give it a try, can't hurt (I hope!). Maybe someone with a bit more experience can help with this while we wait for a reply from marc. It would be really nice if we could get this working by using the .dol created from this and simply replacing the current .dol in the existing TriiForce ISO, because compiling this is much quicker than I imagined it would be. Even on my dinosaur of a computer it only takes ~20 seconds.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
i wouldnt know i dont really use any pc engine/turbografix emu, but its easily changed if you prefer Hugo

Yeah Hugo seems to have been updated more recently than WiiEngine

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
lettuce said:
pepxl said:

Yeah Hugo seems to have been updated more recently than WiiEngine
no worries i'll update the cover to Hugo when i can

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
jakejm79 said:
lettuce said:

I have a iso of the gensplus that works on Wiiflow (its a pal version, but runs fine with video mode set to ntsc), it isn't a forwarder but the full program is in the iso (but I don't think it is updated that often). Works fine with loading roms off HDD tho the save states seemed to be stored in different spots depending whether you launch the game from the iso or the boot.dol so they aren't interchangeable. Anyway let me know if you want me to upload it.

Lettuce, could you you link to the forwarder iso that you are using, thanks.

The ISO forwarder im using was posted by spayrosam in this thread, post #179 page 12 i think of this thread. Not sure why the OP of this thread hasnt/hadnt created any sega iso's?? Yeah if you could upload the version you have an ill give it a try

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go lettuce, I think this one automatically saves the save states to the SD card, so if you have launched Gensplus from HBC from the HDD then your wont be able to interchange save states.
Gensplus (full version ISO)
I take no credit for creating this, I just found it by Google.
Also lettuce could you reup the version of the Gensplus forwarder iso that you use, I tried downloading it from the link in post 179, but it just times out (weirdly all other downloads work fine).

Hyaku Shiki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to understand what you're all doing here. Are you making WiiWare forwarders ... but they are chosen from within Wiiflow? So you choose a game cover or program cover and it loads the .dol file for the wiiware or HBC, etc?

Thanks,

HS

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyaku Shiki said:
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to understand what you're all doing here. Are you making WiiWare forwarders ... but they are chosen from within Wiiflow? So you choose a game cover or program cover and it loads the .dol file for the wiiware or HBC, etc?
Thanks,
HS
Yes.
biggrin.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Hyaku Shiki said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks,

HS

very handy if you use preloader to go straight in a Usb Loader and bybass the sysmenu altogether

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I now have a working. dol that correctly loads a VC game from USB NAND. However, when I tried injecting that to a .iso, wiiflow just hangs on the please wait screen. I also tried marcans iso template, same thing. Any ideas why this is happening? What would be the best .iso to inject to?

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roku93 said:
I now have a working. dol that correctly loads a VC game from USB NAND. However, when I tried injecting that to a .iso, wiiflow just hangs on the please wait screen. I also tried marcans iso template, same thing. Any ideas why this is happening? What would be the best .iso to inject to?
I doubt it's true (I've only just asked about the validity of the claim), but over in the latest Wiiscrubber thread, someone said to use v1.21 for replacing files as the others didn't work. My efforts ended in the same result as yours using the latest version. Can you explain what you did to get the .dol you have?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1