Homebrew Homebrew Development

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for the longest time I was using CSND for homebrew stuffs and since we can use DSP now, does anyone have a good tutorial on how to use it?

3DHacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you install Python? If so which version? You may also want to check that you have the correct version of aemstro installed.
I installed Python 3.4, I checked test.vsh is it written that you have to upgrade to the file aemstro_as.py 11/15/14.
The problem where I find this build?

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Python 3.4, I checked test.vsh is it written that you have to upgrade to the file aemstro_as.py 11/15/14.
The problem where I find this build?
I don't believe you need to have this specific version. I think the latest version will work provided you also have the latest code for 3dscraft.
https://github.com/smealum/aemstro

3DHacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't believe you need to have this specific version. I think the latest version will work provided you also have the latest code for 3dscraft.
https://github.com/smealum/aemstro
I downloaded latest version of aemstro and 3dscraft but does not work always makes the same error.

EDIT: I try to download and compile latest version of ctrulib and aemstro.

EDIT2:it's the same thing :(

Last edited by 3DHacks,

robot56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded latest version of aemstro and 3dscraft but does not work always makes the same error.

EDIT: I try to download and compile latest version of ctrulib and aemstro.

EDIT2:it's the same thing :(

You need to either use an older version of aemstro and aemstro_as or update the shader files to work with the latest version of aemstro_as. Unfortunately there's literally no updated examples for aemstro_as so you'd have to look through the source and find what changed if you wanted to update the shader files - or of course use an alternative like Picasso/nihstro.

It's worth noting that there were a lot of changes to ctrulib as well (apart from shaders), so you need to make a bit of changes to the source to make it build.

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A mistery to me: when i compile my code it just works flawlessy on Citra. When i launch it on my 3ds through the homebrew launcher it shows a red screen at the bottom and nothing else. It happens with every chunk of code, even if i directly compile the examples in the ctrulib folder. I actually can't figure out the reasons. In a desperate attempt i compiled a main with only a return 0 instruction and it returned correctly to the homebrew launcher (so i guess it didn't crash)

I'm compiling with the standard template makefile on linux. Any suggestion?

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A mistery to me: when i compile my code it just works flawlessy on Citra. When i launch it on my 3ds through the homebrew launcher it shows a red screen at the bottom and nothing else. It happens with every chunk of code, even if i directly compile the examples in the ctrulib folder. I actually can't figure out the reasons. In a desperate attempt i compiled a main with only a return 0 instruction and it returned correctly to the homebrew launcher (so i guess it didn't crash)

I'm compiling with the standard template makefile on linux. Any suggestion?
Citra isn't very accurate in this respect - it will happily continue along on code that will make an actual 3ds hang immediately. When you try to run on hardware what are you using to launch? Ninjhax themehax versions etc? Also are you using the latest ctrulib from git? Are you using the master branch?

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm using themehax 1.3 and the boot.3dsx from the Starter Kit downloaded directly from the ninjhax2's page. I'm using the last ctrulib from the master branch and the standard template makefile. The thing that surprises me is that even the examples show a red screen.

[EDIT]The other homebrew from the starter kit work just fine, it's just with my compiled code

Last edited by Slashcash,

robot56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using themehax 1.3 and the boot.3dsx from the Starter Kit downloaded directly from the ninjhax2's page. I'm using the last ctrulib from the master branch and the standard template makefile. The thing that surprises me is that even the examples show a red screen.

[EDIT]The other homebrew from the starter kit work just fine, it's just with my compiled code

What services are you using?

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If everything you don't build yourself runs fine then it is probably your build environment that is the issue. I would recommend removing devkitpro entirely and make sure it is out of your path entirely. Then reinstall from the installer then get and make/install the latest ctrulib and the try to build the examples again.

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I realized that the problem is somewhere around the terminal initialization function. I always tried to build the hello world example and had no results. Then i decided to build another example without the terminal initialization and it worked! Even my code works, but only if i don't initialize any terminal through consoleInit(). I'll try to reinstall devkitarm and ctrulib as i don't have any idea on why it happens.

Slashcash

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I realized that the problem is somewhere around the terminal initialization function. I always tried to build the hello world example and had no results. Then i decided to build another example without the terminal initialization and it worked! Even my code works, but only if i don't initialize any terminal through consoleInit(). I'll try to reinstall devkitarm and ctrulib as i don't have any idea on why it happens.

After DAYS of thinking that the problem was in my enviroment (Netbeans, Linux and the last ctrulib-master) i switched to windows just to notice that the problem persisted. After the third attempt with no results i realized that the problem was in my code.

Long story short... including iostream makes the software crash on 3ds (not on citra). The funny thing is that i was not even using it, it was just added for debugging purposes

Someone knows why? It does happen with every piece of code with the latest ctrulib.

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why am I not able to compile the 24bit-color example? I can compile other examples, just not this one. It always fails to compile with:

brew.png
Invalid Parameter - /Users
make[1]: *** [brew.bgr] Error 4
make: *** [build] Error 2

Why is that?
It requires imagemagick installation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw