Homebrew Channel upside down

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by CasperH, Sep 18, 2009.

1. matt4tehlulz1337

matt4tehlulz1337 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2009
    United States
    chesterfield michigan
    step 1. press button
    step 2. recive bacon
    step 3. ????????
    step 4. profit profit profit

2. NETSHARK

NETSHARK Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2009
    United States
    Got the same problem i`m on System Menu 4.0U fixed it by installing IOS60 without the Patch using Dop-IOS.

3. Justin121994

Justin121994 Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Ontario, CA
    I didn't have it upside down until I updated to 4.2 with waninkoko's updater. Pretty gay.., but the upside down homebrew channel is cool. =]

4. buggers

buggers Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    How does one fix the upside down homebrew? I am an idiot. Thank you.

5. illinialex24

illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 26, 2009
    United States
    The Midwest
    Use Dop IOS and reinstall IOS36 with only the ES Identify, no trucha bug (sig hash check). It should be right side up again.

6. chrisf

chrisf Banned

Banned
    Jun 7, 2009
    United States
    worked for me. but the new homebrew channel is on ios61 for most people

7. illinialex24

illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 26, 2009
    United States
    The Midwest
    If so, just have no trucha bug for IOS61. It shouldn't have it anyway, IOS61 has Wii Shop Channel issues with trucha bug.

8. Pakatus

Pakatus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2009
    Portugal
    Anyhow we can check this?
    To see if we have a trucha bug IOS?

And...can you post a tutorial how to make this?

9. Fruk3

Fruk3 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2009
    I have just had the same upside down issue, heres how I got it and heres how I fixed it (sorry if there is too much detail) :-

I was following this guide on softmodding a freinds Wii http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890 as I softmodded mine ages ago with the twilight hack and had never done the banner bomb method

I had followed the guide flawlessly (I work in IT and I am used to doing things like this on equipment that costs more than my house)

I had completed sections , Getting HomeBrew and BootMii, Backing up your NAND and was on section Patching IOS36
    I had used downgraded IOS 15 to patch IOS 36 Then I got the upside down homebrew

I searched and found this thread,read about the same problem and rather than reinstall homebrew channell I used my SD card out of my wii(I was doing this on a freinds Wii) with my homebrew channell files on (completely seperate files) same problem. After reading previos posts I figured the issues was with IOS36. As my SD card still has all the files I had used to softmod my wii before I found the awesome guide above. I used Waninoko's wad manager 1.4 and installed IOS36 (IOS 15 was still downgraded from the above steps) off my SD card (IOS36-64-v3094.wad) and the homebrew issue was fixed. I then used Trucha bug restorer to restore IOS 15.

I hope this helps anybody else with the same issues or anybody trying to fix this. I don't use forum's that much so apologies if I have posted in the wrong place offended , included too much or not enough info.

10. fiftycal

fiftycal Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2009
    United States
    Hey everyone, I am new to this, and I also have an upside down HomeBrew... Very weird.

11. fiftycal

fiftycal Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2009
    United States
    I uninstalled the channel and reinstalled it, and all is right side up!
    [​IMG]

12. LxTrix

LxTrix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 3, 2009
    United States
    i also am having this problem, can i run dop-ios without a cios, i am going to try fixing it with that method

13. CheatingSoi

CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Ok now I am having troubles with this, I just installed cIOSCORP so I could install preloader that works with the new homebrew channel. That worked but now my HBC is upside down. I have tried everything suggested and it still wont go back. Any ideas?

14. WiiBlaster

WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    Installing IOS61 non patched, then re-installing HBC should work

15. CheatingSoi

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    It wont let me install HBC. I forgot what I did to fix this before.

It says there is no known vulnerable IOS installed. I just did this yesterday but already forgot what I did.

16. WiiBlaster

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    yea i guess the hackmii installer needs a non patched IOS36 installed, you can use wad Manager through bannerbomb to install it, DOP-IOS should work also, just dont apply any patches

so install a NonPatched IOS36 and IOS61, then load up the hackmii installer then re-install your HBC

17. CheatingSoi

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    Alright thanks. I did that except I didnt need to reinstall HBC.

18. WiiBlaster

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    Yea if HBC was already using IOS36 or IOS61 you wouldn't need to re-install it, So all is good now??

19. branquinha

branquinha Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2009
    I just had the exact same thing, found it pretty funny actually [​IMG]
    reinstalled HBC and all is well

20. cayspekko

cayspekko Member

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2008
    United States
    It happened to me too, it comes from following the http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890 guide using latest homebrew channel. It's intentional...

I don't know how to fix it and still have the backup loaders working. Any help?