chrisf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
Use Dop IOS and reinstall IOS36 with only the ES Identify, no trucha bug (sig hash check). It should be right side up again.

worked for me. but the new homebrew channel is on ios61 for most people

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
illinialex24 said:
Use Dop IOS and reinstall IOS36 with only the ES Identify, no trucha bug (sig hash check). It should be right side up again.

Anyhow we can check this?
To see if we have a trucha bug IOS?

And...can you post a tutorial how to make this?

Fruk3

Trophies
XP
Country
I have just had the same upside down issue, heres how I got it and heres how I fixed it (sorry if there is too much detail) :-

I was following this guide on softmodding a freinds Wii http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168890 as I softmodded mine ages ago with the twilight hack and had never done the banner bomb method

I had followed the guide flawlessly (I work in IT and I am used to doing things like this on equipment that costs more than my house)

I had completed sections , Getting HomeBrew and BootMii, Backing up your NAND and was on section Patching IOS36
I had used downgraded IOS 15 to patch IOS 36 Then I got the upside down homebrew

I searched and found this thread,read about the same problem and rather than reinstall homebrew channell I used my SD card out of my wii(I was doing this on a freinds Wii) with my homebrew channell files on (completely seperate files) same problem. After reading previos posts I figured the issues was with IOS36. As my SD card still has all the files I had used to softmod my wii before I found the awesome guide above. I used Waninoko's wad manager 1.4 and installed IOS36 (IOS 15 was still downgraded from the above steps) off my SD card (IOS36-64-v3094.wad) and the homebrew issue was fixed. I then used Trucha bug restorer to restore IOS 15.

I hope this helps anybody else with the same issues or anybody trying to fix this. I don't use forum's that much so apologies if I have posted in the wrong place offended , included too much or not enough info.

fiftycal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I uninstalled the channel and reinstalled it, and all is right side up!
yay.gif

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also am having this problem, can i run dop-ios without a cios, i am going to try fixing it with that method

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok now I am having troubles with this, I just installed cIOSCORP so I could install preloader that works with the new homebrew channel. That worked but now my HBC is upside down. I have tried everything suggested and it still wont go back. Any ideas?

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
Ok now I am having troubles with this, I just installed cIOSCORP so I could install preloader that works with the new homebrew channel. That worked but now my HBC is upside down. I have tried everything suggested and it still wont go back. Any ideas?
Installing IOS61 non patched, then re-installing HBC should work

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wont let me install HBC. I forgot what I did to fix this before.

It says there is no known vulnerable IOS installed. I just did this yesterday but already forgot what I did.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
It wont let me install HBC. I forgot what I did to fix this before.

It says there is no known vulnerable IOS installed. I just did this yesterday but already forgot what I did.
yea i guess the hackmii installer needs a non patched IOS36 installed, you can use wad Manager through bannerbomb to install it, DOP-IOS should work also, just dont apply any patches

so install a NonPatched IOS36 and IOS61, then load up the hackmii installer then re-install your HBC

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CheatingSoi said:
Alright thanks. I did that except I didnt need to reinstall HBC.
Yea if HBC was already using IOS36 or IOS61 you wouldn't need to re-install it, So all is good now??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am kind surprised no one has made a Pi to cart adapter for older systems... Like a universal... +1