1. onad0301

onad0301 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    hey guys....noobie here.....this happened to me too....quick question.... when u said you reinstalled hbc.....did you uninstall it first or just install over what you already had....

thanx onad

i upgraded to 4.1... my hbc is using ios36v12.22

tried Dop IOS and reinstall IOS36 with only the ES Identify, said it could not find it on sd card...but was there

2. shinguki

shinguki Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    oh man im glad i found this post it totally happened to me also. it was also the first time using a USB device witch was actually a micro SD reader.
    i'll try reinstalling.

3. kauha

kauha Member
    Newcomer

Finland
    hehe havent used that long time and updatet it and aah nice looking and then few games whas bugging me and so i i google little bit and installed cios3.4 and after that upsidedown. hav to remember how to install hbc B)

4. corbs132

corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    mine's upside down too =\

5. Lemmi

Lemmi Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Same thing happened to me today! I was applying the simplistic hack found in this forum exactly as described in the guide. I ran into some problems during the Trucha Bug restore, when it finally worked (using the network as a source for the IOS36 I think) my HBC was upside down as well, it still is! Everything else works fine, and I don't really mind it though.

6. shinguki

shinguki Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    My fix was reinstall HBC with banner bomb after i ran through the softmod upside down. LOL. worked great

7. vegemikee

vegemikee GBAtemp Fan

its twiizers playing with pirates using cioscrap and dip patched IOS'... and several unnecessary trucha patched IOS'

8. blu9987

blu9987 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  9. prowler

prowler Sony

Zimbabwe
  10. jholden3249

jholden3249 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    It's a real situation it just happened to me using the DOP IOS v8! I downloaded all recent IOSs that applied to my 4.1 version firmware and now my HBC is upside down! About to perform NAND backup to fix it. Funny how the DOP IOS v8 bricked my Wii half an hr ago when trying to DL IOS 60 (accidentally installed old version instead of new) and now it turned HBC upside down. Thing's more trouble than it's worth!

11. Chubbypigeon33

Newcomer

United States
    its an ios36 issue

12. lukeusher123

lukeusher123 Newbie
    Newcomer

All you need to do to fix this is remove all hacked IOS's with UNCORP or otherwise, then, if you must still use backup loaders (although these can introduce many problems in the Wii firmware), use one that only uses Wanins CIOS installed via CIOS Installer, without hacking any of Nintendo's IOS's. This way you are also less likely to damage your Wii if anything goes wrong.

The Homebrew channel runs upside down when it is detected as running on a fakesigned IOS, TT don't support these as any edits to system IOS can introduce bugs.

Although DOP-IOS does not have anything to do with backups, it still installs fakesigned IOS versions, and as such, results in an upside down HBC.

13. yman

yman Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I had the same issue ... no idea how I got it, but I got rid of it by installing the HBC with Hackmii/Bannerbomb again. I didn't uninstall HBC first, just installed it again. Everything's right side up again!

14. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    i fixed mine via wiiscu and installing ios60 or 61... i forget, but yeah, worked fine [​IMG]

15. monovision

monovision Newbie
    Newcomer

Same here! Thanks.

16. Septum

Septum Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This same thing happened to me while I tried to install the Trucha Bug Restorer thing. Not only did it not work but Now I have a flipped homebrew channel. How can I fix this and/or how can I run VC games from my sd card? Nothing is going right for me.

17. Fredi125

Fredi125 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Hi all, I've got the exact same weird problem after installing custom ioses for the first time.
    I'll be trying to reinstall HBC soon, hoping this will fix it... as it makes HBC a lot less user friendly hehe...

18. migo

migo Newbie
    Newcomer

I've used Dop to install clean IOS36 and IOS61, uninstalled HBC, and, after running Bannerbomb, the HackMii app doesn't allow me to do anything because it says it can't find a non-patched IOS.

What can I do to reinstall HBC ? [​IMG]

19. Connie

Connie Newbie
    Newcomer

Stop panicking everyone!

Just for kicks (cos I was bored) I decided to run Dop-IOS MOD v9 and update every IOS I had to the latest that was downloadable. After running all and dropping back to the HB listing, it was all topsy-tervy [​IMG]

Well, I ejected my SD, stuck it in mii PC and added the latest HackMii Installer v0.6 to the apps folder. Popped the ole SD card back in mii Wii, did a handstand (so I could C wot I was Cing), and re-ran HackMii to add the v1.0.6 Hombrew channel plus BootMii and DVDx.

I don't have to do handstands anymore and my Wii now has 4.2E menu system, I can shop online, play wit that shitty Mii stuff (how the hell do you make a sitting bull????), oh, an all that luvly Homebrew stuff runs jus fine.

20. drizzt007

drizzt007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Homebrew, Channel, upside