OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Im trying to get the HomeBrew channel so I can install gecko and play my copy of Tales of Symphonia (NTSC version).
All the guides I've seen and stuff all have guides without having a chip installed, I have a D2Ckey so I could play imported games.

so is there an easier way to get Home Brew Channel on my system, on the newest firmware.
like an install from a DVD as I've heard about, or wouldnt that work?

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Im.. not sure why you need HBC for that? I have a modchip and no Gecko or backup loader of any kinda, and ToS2 works fine for me.. Am I missing something?

In any case if you want HBC installed, read the guide in my Sig.

screwed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
well I thought I might need HBC to install and use anything, if thats not the case. Then thats no problem, all I want to do is play TOS 2. So if there is a better way and if you can kindly point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

I tried to play Tales as it came and hoped that D2Ckey could change the region coding on the fly and work, it didnt. So I changed the region coding on the image file of the game, then it gave me n update thing. So I updated hoping it would work, after I updated (through internet) it still gave me the must update thing in the disc channel.
So I got brickblocker and removed the update, then it showed up on the disc channel and I thought it would work. But when I load it the screen just went black and my controller turned itself off.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ah! My bad then.. Well. I mean it certainly cant hurt to install Homebrew Channel. At the very least you will be able to manage VC and WiiWare. In general I think a modchip is the best solution, but if you cant run different region games on your chip (I thought most could?) then I dont see how the backup launcher could hurt.

If you do decide to load HBC.. follow the guide in my link
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)