Homebrew channel on 3.4 Europe

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by screwed, Nov 26, 2008.

1. screwed
    OP

screwed Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2006
    Norway
    Im trying to get the HomeBrew channel so I can install gecko and play my copy of Tales of Symphonia (NTSC version).
    All the guides I've seen and stuff all have guides without having a chip installed, I have a D2Ckey so I could play imported games.

so is there an easier way to get Home Brew Channel on my system, on the newest firmware.
    like an install from a DVD as I've heard about, or wouldnt that work?

2. EmperorOfCanada

EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Im.. not sure why you need HBC for that? I have a modchip and no Gecko or backup loader of any kinda, and ToS2 works fine for me.. Am I missing something?

In any case if you want HBC installed, read the guide in my Sig.

3. screwed
    OP

screwed Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2006
    Norway
    well I thought I might need HBC to install and use anything, if thats not the case. Then thats no problem, all I want to do is play TOS 2. So if there is a better way and if you can kindly point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

I tried to play Tales as it came and hoped that D2Ckey could change the region coding on the fly and work, it didnt. So I changed the region coding on the image file of the game, then it gave me n update thing. So I updated hoping it would work, after I updated (through internet) it still gave me the must update thing in the disc channel.
    So I got brickblocker and removed the update, then it showed up on the disc channel and I thought it would work. But when I load it the screen just went black and my controller turned itself off.

4. EmperorOfCanada

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    ... Download ToS2. Burn it onto a DVD. Put DVD into your wii.

....?

Am I missing something?

5. screwed
    OP

screwed Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2006
    Norway
    I updated my post with more info
    I live in Europe. its not out in Europe. so it doesnt work on my PAL Wii

6. EmperorOfCanada

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Ah! My bad then.. Well. I mean it certainly cant hurt to install Homebrew Channel. At the very least you will be able to manage VC and WiiWare. In general I think a modchip is the best solution, but if you cant run different region games on your chip (I thought most could?) then I dont see how the backup launcher could hurt.

If you do decide to load HBC.. follow the guide in my link [​IMG]

7. screwed
    OP

screwed Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2006
    Norway
    Thank you for your help, it worked perfectly.

8. EmperorOfCanada

Aug 4, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    What did you do exactly? Got it to run via Gamma?