Hacking Homebrew Channel can't access internet?

Ninty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble installing a lot of things because the internet is going in and out on my homebrew channel. In the corner it says 1.0.6 and below that IOS61 v21.29 in the opposite corner it says network not initialized.

The internet channel and other parts of the wii can access the internet but for some reason the homebrew channel can not.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is this using wi-fi or an ethernet USB adapter? I don't think homebrew supports the latter.

If you can't get your Wii to connect to the internet, keep in mind you can get a lot of the necessary files for various installers from NUS using the NUS Downloader 1.3b; most homebrew apps offer offline installation options.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From my personal experience, using Wi-Fi and HBC together seems to work just fine, assuming you wait first. What I mean is that when you load into HBC, there is a globe icon in the bottom right corner, it flashes when you first load up, and eventually goes solid when you're connected to the internet (or greyed out if there is no connection.) If you wait until the icon goes solid, you should be fine to then use whatever homebrew app to get online. I've discovered that if you click on an app too soon and load it while that icon is still flashing, it more than likely will never manage to connect.

I hope this helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up