Homebrew Bounty 2018 Month 2: Switch Applications

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Costello, Dec 1, 2018.

Front-page
    hbb2018_med.

THE 2018 SWITCH HOMEBREW BOUNTY
    MONTH 2: SWITCH APPLICATIONS

What is the 2018 GBAtemp Switch Homebrew Bounty? Read more here.

The second month has now officially begun. You have until December 31st (23:59:59 UTC+00) to submit your Switch homebrew application and get a chance to win a massive cash reward! There will be 4 consecutive months, one for each category. We'd like to remind you that this is the second month, and this month dedicated to the following category.

CATEGORY 2: Switch Applications

This category is meant to reward authors of Switch applications, as in, programs that run natively on the Switch itself and serve a specific purpose such as media players, file managers, homebrew loaders, and much more (this short list is non-exhaustive). If you aren't sure whether your project fits in this category, look at the other categories listed in this thread, and if in doubt, simply ask a moderator.

The top 5 highest-voted projects in this category will receive:
    #1: $1,000 reward
    #2: $500 reward
    #3: $300 reward
    #4: $150 reward
    #5: $55 reward

In order to submit your project, please respect the following instructions:
    • Upload your project to the GBAtemp Download Center. Make sure to give a proper description, screenshots, anything you might find useful. This is your chance to showcase your project, the better your page looks, the more chance you may receive votes from judges.
    • If your project is not entirely new, it must at least come with a major/significant update, so please describe specifically what new feature(s) the upgrade brings forth.
    • After your project is posted to the download center, please post a comment in this thread to link to your project.

After December 31st, two voting sessions will begin simultaneously: a staff vote, and a patron vote (for our backers on Patreon). The results will be announced a week after.

Sponsors

Half of this sum is generously donated by yours truly, GBAtemp!
    Thanks to ad revenue and to our Patreon backers, GBAtemp is the biggest donator.
    The other half comes from our generous sponsors as listed below.

mod3ds.

MOD3DSCARD.COM
    Buy flashcard to mod 3DS and Switch | Team Xecuter SX | Sky3ds+ | Stargate 3DS | R4 3DS - mod3dscard

axiogame.

AXIOGAME.COM
    Axiogame | Backup Units, Modchips and more

xec.

And let's not forget Team Xecuter who made a very generous donation too.

Member donations

The bounty isn't only about sponsor companies: you, beloved members of our community (and even guests) can contribute too! If you want to make a donation, simply click the button below to send a payment to our Paypal. Needless to say, 100% of the amount we receive will be transfered to the authors of winning projects.

paypal.

Upon submitting your donation, you can indicate whether you want the donation to go to a particular category, or all of them.
    Also please note that our Paypal account name is "FILETRIP" - this is normal.

We have already received the following donations:
    • Eric C. donated $100 towards the Game bounty
    • Pierce T. donated $25 towards the Emulator bounty
    • Jonah N. donated $10 to the bounty
    • Andrew B. donated £5 towards the Tools and Utilities bounty
    • Michael C. donated $5 to the bounty
    • Raphael G.V. donated an incredible $0.36 towards, hmm, creating complexity for our accountant?

Thanks a lot guys! To everyone else, feel free to make additional donations, which will go to the other 2 categories.

Zumoly, survive9, Owenge and 10 others like this.
    Discussion (31 replies)
  1. Joel16

Joel16 Ils ne passeront pas

May 8, 2011
    United States
    Doesn't concern you.
    Last edited by Joel16, Dec 1, 2018
    mrmole, larrypretty, DarthDub and 6 others like this.
  2. crossholo

crossholo Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    crossholo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 26, 2017
    Italy
    A HID to VPAD thingy for controllers like on Wii U would be awesome for any end user.

DarthDub, OkazakiTheOtaku and antiNT like this.
  3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Like I mentioned on the first bounty thread, lot of users already requested homebrew.
    If you want to contribute but don't have an idea yet, I compiled the requests to a single place where you can choose from.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/post-homebrew-ideas-suggestions-requests-here.514524/

For this bounty session, look in Media and Utils tabs of the first post's chart.

Of course you are not limited to the requests, any surprise is welcome :)

osaka35, DARKFiB3R and Chary like this.
  4. XorTroll

XorTroll Dev: Brew.js, Goldleaf, Plutonium, Brew.NET...

Dec 28, 2017
    Spain
    Nowhere
    Well then, time to focus on Goldleaf

crossholo and linuxares like this.
  5. WiiuGold

WiiuGold GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2015
    United States
    I can't wait to see what will come out!!

6. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    A WiiMC port (SwitchMC) or similar would be nice.

survive9 and WiiuGold like this.
  7. kikongokiller

kikongokiller GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    A media player in general would be pretty damn awesome, especially if it can stream from upnp or smb media servers.

survive9, DARKFiB3R and WiiuGold like this.
  8. WiiuGold

WiiuGold GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2015
    United States
    Would be nice to see KODI-NX :) OR WiiFlow-NX :) AKA SwitchFlow .

9. blawar

blawar GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    Can’t wait to submit nutfoil :)

10. Crusatyr

Crusatyr GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2016
    United States
    I thought the goal of the homebrew bounties was to encourage devs to write new apps, not just submit an app you wrote 4 months ago.

T-hug, Slattz, kikongokiller and 5 others like this.
  11. SuperNintendho

SuperNintendho Member

Newcomer
    GBAtemp Patron
    SuperNintendho is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 26, 2018
    United States
    Ghost Of Soldiers
    Kodi would be an instavote from me ;)

DARKFiB3R likes this.
  12. NathanBrown

NathanBrown Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2018
    India
    Wii Weather Channel please

13. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Yes new apps are the main purpose of the bounty and voting should take care of that too, at least I did for the first bounty.
    It needs to have a big improvement. editing a font color, or fixing bugs is not considered a valid entry. Changelog since last release before the version submitted to this thread will be taken in account.
    I suppose Kodi would be considered "update" and accepted if submitted for switch even if it's an old app due to big improvement for switch. for example game ports will be accepted for last bounty, but fully new project will have more power in my vote decision. coding from scratch, or using someone else sources and compiling is different. same for emulators, most emulators are old and just updated to work on switch, not written from zero, unless you make a dynarec for aarch64 there's not much work done.

If you submit a switch homebrew you released 4 months ago and did nothing new since then, it'll not be accepted.

nx-shell submission will be judge on changelog from december 1st to 31, or since v1.05, not on its usefulness of current state. currently, only few changes : makes buttons react to cancel command, adds image rotation.
    I keep track of changelogs and whether projects are new or updated on wikitemp.

Last edited by Cyan, Dec 1, 2018
    crossholo and Joel16 like this.
  14. VampireOniX

VampireOniX Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2018
    United States
    KodiNX ftw!

15. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    cheuble likes this.
  16. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    I second this. Would love to see this happen on Switch.

crossholo likes this.
  17. MarcusCarter

MarcusCarter Goodra the Great

Jan 7, 2012
    United States
    Indianapolis, IN
    Would anyone be interested in making an RPG Maker XP RGSS Player? That would make a TON of games portable, and would really ROCK!

18. DoctorBagPhD

DoctorBagPhD Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2008
    I wonder if it'd be possible to get the Steam Link app running on switch, given it's made for ARM hardware, would love to see a dev take that on!

paperbagthing likes this.
  19. ThatNintendoKid

ThatNintendoKid Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2018
    Australia
    My wishlist:
    Video recording over 30 seconds (like press a button to record and press it again to stop)
    A fully functioning video player (i know we already have mp3)
    Be able to boot into rcm or stock with homebrew (should be now possible to make with Atmosphere 0.8.1)
    Coldboot CFW (I know this won't happen for a while but its worth putting it out there)(would like the option above to go with this)

crossholo likes this.
  20. 2Siralv

2Siralv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2018
    Canada
    Would love to see openRA or a halo ce port even goldeneyesource if possible those are huuuuge

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Neverball super tux kart some more

21. jakkal
    This message by jakkal has been removed from public view by Chary, Dec 1, 2018, Reason: one word post.
    Dec 1, 2018