Status
Not open for further replies.

Homebrew Bounty 2018 Month 2: Switch Applications

hbb2018_med.png

THE 2018 SWITCH HOMEBREW BOUNTY
MONTH 2: SWITCH APPLICATIONS

What is the 2018 GBAtemp Switch Homebrew Bounty? Read more here. (MONTH 2: WINNERS ANNOUNCED! CLICK HERE)

The second month has now officially begun. You have until December 31st (23:59:59 UTC+00) to submit your Switch homebrew application and get a chance to win a massive cash reward! There will be 4 consecutive months, one for each category. We'd like to remind you that this is the second month, and this month dedicated to the following category.

CATEGORY 2: Switch Applications

This category is meant to reward authors of Switch applications, as in, programs that run natively on the Switch itself and serve a specific purpose such as media players, file managers, homebrew loaders, and much more (this short list is non-exhaustive). If you aren't sure whether your project fits in this category, look at the other categories listed in this thread, and if in doubt, simply ask a moderator.

The top 5 highest-voted projects in this category will receive:
#1: $1,000 reward
#2: $500 reward
#3: $300 reward
#4: $150 reward
#5: $55 reward

In order to submit your project, please respect the following instructions:
• Upload your project to the GBAtemp Download Center. Make sure to give a proper description, screenshots, anything you might find useful. This is your chance to showcase your project, the better your page looks, the more chance you may receive votes from judges.
• If your project is not entirely new, it must at least come with a major/significant update, so please describe specifically what new feature(s) the upgrade brings forth.
• After your project is posted to the download center, please post a comment in this thread to link to your project.

After December 31st, two voting sessions will begin simultaneously: a staff vote, and a patron vote (for our backers on Patreon). The results will be announced a week after.

Sponsors

Half of this sum is generously donated by yours truly, GBAtemp!
Thanks to ad revenue and to our Patreon backers, GBAtemp is the biggest donator.
The other half comes from our generous sponsors as listed below.

mod3ds.jpg

MOD3DSCARD.COM
Buy flashcard to mod 3DS and Switch | Team Xecuter SX | Sky3ds+ | Stargate 3DS | R4 3DS - mod3dscard

axiogame.png

AXIOGAME.COM
Axiogame | Backup Units, Modchips and more

xec.jpg

And let's not forget Team Xecuter who made a very generous donation too.

Member donations

The bounty isn't only about sponsor companies: you, beloved members of our community (and even guests) can contribute too! If you want to make a donation, simply click the button below to send a payment to our Paypal. Needless to say, 100% of the amount we receive will be transfered to the authors of winning projects.

paypal.png

Upon submitting your donation, you can indicate whether you want the donation to go to a particular category, or all of them.
Also please note that our Paypal account name is "FILETRIP" - this is normal.

We have already received the following donations:
• Eric C. donated $100 towards the Game bounty
• Pierce T. donated $25 towards the Emulator bounty
• Jonah N. donated $10 to the bounty
• Andrew B. donated £5 towards the Tools and Utilities bounty
• Michael C. donated $5 to the bounty
• Raphael G.V. donated an incredible $0.36 towards, hmm, creating complexity for our accountant?

Thanks a lot guys! To everyone else, feel free to make additional donations, which will go to the other 2 categories.

Last edited by Costello,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A significant update (first stable release) was made a few weeks ago for NX-Shell https://gbatemp.net/download/nx-shell.35293/. More to come in the following days/weeks once I get my winter break :)

Gbatemp Thread (for following up and discussions): https://gbatemp.net/threads/nx-shell-multipurpose-file-manager-for-nintendo-switch.505332/
GitHub: https://github.com/joel16/NX-Shell

• Make cancel button functional via buttons.
  • Add image rotation and flipping.
  • Fixed portrait orientation next/previous page buttons in ebook reader.
  • Allow movement after image is zoomed in gallery. (Right analog stick to zoom into image, left analog stickto move around zoomed image.)
  • Made some minor adjustments to delta time and minor fixes with the status bar alignment.
  • Fixed menu bar animation timing.
  • Fixed buffer overflow when selecting a file with a large name.
  • Integrate FTP menu using mtheall's ftpd src. (Can be toggled from within the menu bar).
  • Fixed some dialog title alignment issues.
  • Fixed bug with the PLUS button causing music player to exit, when it should be toggling locked mode.
  • Add support for extracting .RAR files.
  • Added support for rendering animated GIFs. (May take a while to load, and some GIFs may have wrong timings, so far I've tested 5 GIFs and only one out of the 5 had timing issues).

Edit: Release is up just a few minutes before new years. :P
https://github.com/joel16/NX-Shell/releases/tag/1.10

Last edited by Joel16,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like I mentioned on the first bounty thread, lot of users already requested homebrew.
If you want to contribute but don't have an idea yet, I compiled the requests to a single place where you can choose from.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/post-homebrew-ideas-suggestions-requests-here.514524/

For this bounty session, look in Media and Utils tabs of the first post's chart.

Of course you are not limited to the requests, any surprise is welcome :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought the goal of the homebrew bounties was to encourage devs to write new apps, not just submit an app you wrote 4 months ago.
• If your project is not entirely new, it must at least come with a major/significant update, so please describe specifically what new feature(s) the upgrade brings forth.
Yes new apps are the main purpose of the bounty and voting should take care of that too, at least I did for the first bounty.
It needs to have a big improvement. editing a font color, or fixing bugs is not considered a valid entry. Changelog since last release before the version submitted to this thread will be taken in account.
I suppose Kodi would be considered "update" and accepted if submitted for switch even if it's an old app due to big improvement for switch. for example game ports will be accepted for last bounty, but fully new project will have more power in my vote decision. coding from scratch, or using someone else sources and compiling is different. same for emulators, most emulators are old and just updated to work on switch, not written from zero, unless you make a dynarec for aarch64 there's not much work done.

If you submit a switch homebrew you released 4 months ago and did nothing new since then, it'll not be accepted.

nx-shell submission will be judge on changelog from december 1st to 31, or since v1.05, not on its usefulness of current state. currently, only few changes : makes buttons react to cancel command, adds image rotation.
I keep track of changelogs and whether projects are new or updated on wikitemp.

Last edited by Cyan,

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I wonder if it'd be possible to get the Steam Link app running on switch, given it's made for ARM hardware, would love to see a dev take that on!

Reactions: Deleted User

ThatNintendoKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My wishlist:
Video recording over 30 seconds (like press a button to record and press it again to stop)
A fully functioning video player (i know we already have mp3)
Be able to boot into rcm or stock with homebrew (should be now possible to make with Atmosphere 0.8.1)
Coldboot CFW (I know this won't happen for a while but its worth putting it out there)(would like the option above to go with this)

Reactions: crossholo

2Siralv

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would love to see openRA or a halo ce port even goldeneyesource if possible those are huuuuge

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Neverball super tux kart some more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over