imran_ali

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have a wii which has been hombrewed with usb loader gx, all working, fine kids love it.

Picked up a wii u as they are soo cheap now and have a question.

Can I homebrew the vwii part of the wii u but NOT the actually wii u, reason being that kids can still play their games on the hdd for vwii and still access the Nintendo eshop and dload games for the wii u.

Is this possible.

Apologies if this doesn't make sense only got the wii u yesterday!

imran_ali

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Excellent Wooohhooo :D give that a go today, thanks!

Also some questions
Can I have wii u roms, saved on a usb hd (like the wii) and have the wii u (if homebrewed) load them from the usb hd?
Putting a wii iso onto a hd is easy enough its just one massive file, the wii u game iso that I have (for testing) (wii u party) has 3 folders (within the rar file code,content,meta). Is it a case of copying those 3 folders to a named folder to a destination drive?

marazzmatika

Naive guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Excellent Wooohhooo :D give that a go today, thanks!

Also some questions
Can I have wii u roms, saved on a usb hd (like the wii) and have the wii u (if homebrewed) load them from the usb hd?
Putting a wii iso onto a hd is easy enough its just one massive file, the wii u game iso that I have (for testing) (wii u party) has 3 folders (within the rar file code,content,meta). Is it a case of copying those 3 folders to a named folder to a destination drive?
Only way to run from dir is Loadiine GX2. But it only capable of SD.

I_am89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all.

I have a wii which has been hombrewed with usb loader gx, all working, fine kids love it.

Picked up a wii u as they are soo cheap now and have a question.

Can I homebrew the vwii part of the wii u but NOT the actually wii u, reason being that kids can still play their games on the hdd for vwii and still access the Nintendo eshop and dload games for the wii u.

Is this possible.

Apologies if this doesn't make sense only got the wii u yesterday!
I know you already are doing this but id mod both of them and then just delete the wii u stuff, it should work but I'm not 100 percent sure (Also if youre new to wiI u modding you should use This) But I would keep the wii u stuff because you can do alot of stuff with it

imran_ali

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok folks, an update, myself and a friend between us, managed to homebrew the vwii, I have the homebrew channel both blue and green installed,

I have usb stick, 128gig, formatted it via wii backup manager, copied over 2 isos, that went fine, plugged in the usb stick to the back of the wii and get a message saying usb inserted do you want to format it, said no, loaded up vwii, loaded up homebrew, loaded up usb loader gsx, it says initialise usb, mount usb on port 1, then when loaded doesn't display any games, and if I chose the options at the top it says cannot initialize usb.

So how do I get the vwii/usbloader to read my usb stick with my wii games.

Having said that, my normal usb external hd I currently don't have, my friend left it at his house so will be trying that tomorrow

Appreciate any help guys, really do.

Last edited by imran_ali,

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

is an awesome guide.

CIOS or custom ios is what is needed for running games from HDD/ usb stick/ sd card (d2x alt is for sd I believe; standard d2x for usb).

Be careful with any ios/cios and wad installations as this is where it is easiest to break vwii. but if you follow the guide you should be fine.

also the original wii was picky on what usb port to use. I don't remember if the wii u was also picky.

Last edited by SonicMC,
Reactions: imran_ali

imran_ali

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
woohhhooo we have lift of :D :D I installed the additional cios files, namely dx2 cios installer mod v2.2, and ios236 installer mod v8 special vwii edition, followed all instructions, then reformatted my usb stick with wbfs manager 3 and not wii back up manager (as I had always done), copied over the 2 test iso's with wbfs manager 3, set the loader ios to ios58 (from withing usbloadergx) and VOILA games popped up :D :D :D

Really really appreciate all your help guys. At least the kids can leave me the heck alone now :D

Thank You for everything guys!

Reactions: SonicMC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...