Hacking Home brew off wbfs USB drive

Brummy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all hoping someone can help. I've pulled my old Wii out for my nephew, which has my games stored on a wbfs pen drive, only problem is I need my sd card and he wants to use the Wii for a while.
Is there anyway to put my homebrew apps onto the wbfs drive ? I have tried using wbfs manager but no luck.
I have a memory card and have tried wiixplorer but had no access to the card :(
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Use modmii, update your mods, reformat your hard drive as fat32, then it will be able to store both apps and wii games.

Note, compatibility for pen drives vary. You may need try several loaders to see if one will recognize your pen drive after formatting as fat32

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Yes and no.

U can backup your games first using wii backup manager or similar tools. Then format, and copy the files back using the same tool.

Alternatively you can use wbfs2fat to convert a wbfs partition to fat32 and retain your games. It's not always 100% reliable so you may want to backup your library first anyway. And if you do that you may as well just format and copy the games back.

If this is a pen drive its probably pretty small, you should be able to temporarily backup games to your C drive.

Or, you can always rerip your original disks

Brummy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a 1tb pen drive and took me ages to rip and convert my games lol and currently my laptop has about 30 gig free :( might have to try and chance it with the wbfstofat. Thanks for your help xflak

Brummy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Managed to convert USB to fat32 without problem, then imported my sd card contents onto root but apps are not showing in homebrew channel :(
Any help appreciated and thanks again xflak you have been a great help already

Brummy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Homebrew channel is installed to nand I think, I will try and post a syscheck later. Thanks xflak

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Managed to convert USB to fat32 without problem, then imported my sd card contents onto root but apps are not showing in homebrew channel :(
Any help appreciated and thanks again xflak you have been a great help already

Just in case : did you tell HBC to use USB instead of the default SD card ? (press 1 on the wiimote, choose USB)
(sorry for the dumb question :moogle:)

Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night