Hogwarts legacy. Harry potter universe game. Anybody playing/waiting/skipping?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably get the game, but kinda strapped on cash for the moment due to having to buy a new laptop. I did manage to nab one of those hogwarts, dual sense controllers yesterday though from playstation. the website kept crashing just trying to get it, and I think it sold out shortly after I got it. it was bad, but no where near as bad as getting the xenoblade chronicles special edition. that one took me all day of refreshing. Nintendo was definitely unprepared.
Nintendo was unprepared? They're the kings of artificial scarcity.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Politics aside,
Yeah no.
FB_IMG_1676217527861.jpg

This is beyond JKR's godawful politics, this is a game about oppressing Jewish-stereotype slaves.

Reactions: Dud

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well the missus bought it... I even tried to tell her it cost £75 as that's the 1st link (Digital Deluxe version) on the Xbox storefront, but she explained to me (like I didn't know :lol: ) there was a standard version for £65, plus the disc version for about £57 - little cow did her homework haha! And.... it's really good!! I'm not a Harry Potter fan, but the world is nice, and Hogwarts itself has been excellently recreated... and the combat, which looked shite in the trailers, is also surprisingly good - GOTY so far for me.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how many people who are intending to boycott this game due to JKR, and pirate it instead, realise that the only person who cracks and releases these Denuvo games is openly transphobic.. or maybe that doesn't matter when it's free?
I wonder if they realize she makes more money from Universal Studios theme parks than this game? I'd like to see them protest in Orlando in July or August. That at least, I can respect.

Regardless, it's hard to understand why supposed "gamers" act like this. Aren't games supposed to be an escape from every day life and just taking a break and having fun?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if they realize she makes more money from Universal Studios theme parks than this game? I'd like to see them protest in Orlando in July or August. That at least, I can respect.

Regardless, it's hard to understand why supposed "gamers" act like this. Aren't games supposed to be an escape from every day life and just taking a break and having fun?
People these days politicize everything and find everything offensive.

Sigh.

Reactions: TraderPatTX

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sigh.
At least we will find out who truly is the minority when this game becomes obscenely successful. A lot of people, including me, are buying it because of all of the controversy, but every review I've seen shows that it actually is a really good game with fun combat which means I will probably get each DLC when they drop.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP

Sigh.
Yes, I agree, these people are literally adult babies. They claim to be tolerant and yet are the least toelrant people on the planet. You've seen those kids in shops that lay on the floor screaming and the parents just stand and watch them, well when they grow up (physically not mentally) they turn out to be like these perpetually offended types that disagree with everything, and when they don't get their own way they throw a tantrum to which normal people just laugh at and think they are narcissistic morons.
They would cut off their own nose to spite their face, it's their loss though as everyone around them will just get on with life and enjoy it and try to avoid contact with those types, they usually end up old, sad and loney and eventually top themselves when they realise they just wasted their entire lives and they may as well have never existed in the first place, as all they did was suck the joy from others - almost like Dementors from the Harry Potter books.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll get this game in a month or two. I already borrowed money from my parents for my new laptop, so I can only afford so much.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Royalties? If she read your comment she'd laugh. She has more than enough cash for a lifetime!

I'm not a Harry Potter fan (not my type of movies to watch), but the game definitely looks fun! And what's the important part about games? Being enjoyable, fun!
Post automatically merged:

Ssssh, I was being dumb

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I can't stop playing. Crazy statement so soon but I think I'm enjoying this even more than Elden Ring.
Combat's not as good/challenging and the world outside of Hogwarts isn't near as big or populated with as many points of interest. You'll soon find out that there really aren't that many spells and many of them overlap, too. It is good for what it's trying to be though, which is a much more exploration and puzzle focused game. Probably more comparable to BotW in that regard.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
So far its really fun!
Don't say that, the the gay/trans types that are boycotting it will be having a hissy fit as they carry out their self flagellation rituals. Tell them it's crap so they can get out of their safe spaces for a while.......on other thoughts, Nah! let them suffer! Haha, the game looks really fun, I've seen a few youtube videos and will definately be playing this when it's released for my system.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Combat's not as good/challenging and the world outside of Hogwarts isn't near as big or populated with as many points of interest. You'll soon find out that there really aren't that many spells and many of them overlap, too. It is good for what it's trying to be though, which is a much more exploration and puzzle focused game. Probably more comparable to BotW in that regard.
You're exactly right, I think that's why I'm enjoying it more as I prefer the exploration/puzzle type games over difficult combat.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1