Hacking hi, could someone tell me the best app to use to watch a movie off a u

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thou i prefer the use Mplayer Ultimate Edition ( No reason at all i just like it xD ) i would think Mplayer CEv2.0 or 0.2 (forget what it was xD) is the best, but you should change the loop.avi to the oringal MPlayer's the CE looks ugly IMO

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Thou i prefer the use Mplayer Ultimate Edition ( No reason at all i just like it xD ) i would think Mplayer CEv2.0 or 0.2 (forget what it was xD) is the best, but you should change the loop.avi to the oringal MPlayer's the CE looks ugly IMO
MPlayerCE v0.21b is the latest, and anyone can change their loop.avi check how to edit configs on the google code page.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is MPlayer any good, think there was an update recently? I tried different versions a few weeks back, and TBO, none of them can compare to Xbox1/XBMC right now.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Is MPlayer any good, think there was an update recently? I tried different versions a few weeks back, and TBO, none of them can compare to Xbox1/XBMC right now.
We cannot compare to XMBC, we shouldn't have to, some don't have an Xbox, so they use a wii media player like this.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
QUOTE said:
We cannot compare to XMBC, we shouldn't have to, some don't have an Xbox, so they use a wii media player like this.

I'll agree, the 2 are different, and my comparison was based more on the fact that we are using a console to play media. I was mainly just wondering if it has gotten better. When I messed around with it, it was just not worth the trouble for me. I found it very slow and somewhat unstable, and in all honesty if it were my only option I'd probably not use it.

That being said, I do see potential in MPlayer being of use to me. For instance, my wii is a lot easier to move to any TV in the house, coupled with WiFi and good SMB share support, I could use MPlayer to watch a movie on any TV and not have to run an ethernet cable as I would have to do with my Xbox1 with no WiFi adapter.

To add, XBMC was created with leaked MS dev tools, so I would imagine MPlayer being developed with non-copyright infringing tools will take some time to reach the same level.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Does anybody have a link to a wad for Mplayer Ultimate Edition so it can be installed as a channel.

Thanks.
Their is no such version as Ultimate Edition, it's MPlayerCE, the version in team twiizers unofficial builds, stating Ultimate Edition, it's basicly a version with the menu.conf with a changed title! IT IS the ORIGINAL MPlayer Christmas Edition.

We are now at MPlayerCE V0.21b

jkd3737

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Their is no such version as Ultimate Edition, it's MPlayerCE, the version in team twiizers unofficial builds, stating Ultimate Edition, it's basicly a version with the menu.conf with a changed title! IT IS the ORIGINAL MPlayer Christmas Edition.

We are now at MPlayerCE V0.21b

Ok thanks for clearing that up.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
It won't really work since you have to have some files on your SD.
You can use a media forwarder channel but you still need to have the files on your SD.
Search this section you'll find it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1