Hacking Henkaku Save Editing Thread

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know how to edit a save file for Rainbow Moon??

@cearp

i dont bother using the near app, i could never get it to load up the games manual, i just have my game title in the patch folder and have the molecular shell files in there, this then enables me to grab my decrypted save files. i have used this for FFX HD so far and it works a charm :)

T

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@Tony8690 - so you are not using near or email app before you open the molecularshell installed to the game patch folder?
weird, i thought that would mean nothing is decrypted.
maybe that only applies to the real game data, and not save data?

anyway, running browser-> only takes like 2 seconds, i just keep the browser open and reload the page when needed to open up near.

the annoying bit is swapping out the real game patch for molecularshell each time i want to play the game to change data, to get more saves to play around with and compare.

i can see the exact value/memory offset i want to edit, but i can also see a 2 byte checksum near the top of the save.
i'll try to figure it out by myself... but yeah good luck to me :D

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i'm setting this up, but i don't really understand why i have to open the browser->near in the background...

i set it up so when i open my game, molecularshell opens, that is not enough?
the contents will still be encrypted?

and the fact that near is running 'on my game' will decrypt it, making the stuff i then get from molecularshell decrypted...? and if near is running, the files i get from ftp are no good?

i just want someone to clear this up, thanks :)

I did it a few times without doing the near app step and I couldn't get to my save files or anything despite loading it up in the game.
I think that by using near to open up the games manual is what separates it from the regular moonshell app (sometimes when I missed that step I can't load my game because it thinks the game is molecular shell and not the actual game cart).

If you swap the moelcular shell eboot with the one from the latest vitashell it makes the process a bit easier, because with the new one you can rename the folders using your vita without needing to ftp. (make sure to close both the game and near app in order to rename/delete that specific game patch folder)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I did it a few times without doing the near app step and I couldn't get to my save files or anything despite loading it up in the game.
I think that by using near to open up the games manual is what separates it from the regular moonshell app (sometimes when I missed that step I can't load my game because it thinks the game is molecular shell and not the actual game cart).

If you swap the moelcular shell eboot with the one from the latest vitashell it makes the process a bit easier, because with the new one you can rename the folders using your vita without needing to ftp. (make sure to close both the game and near app in order to rename/delete that specific game patch folder)
yeah ok, then i could transfer all the saves i have 'harvested' all at once by ftp at the end. good idea!

i will be happy when/if we get a bit more hacks from henkaku and can have full access to everything, life would be easier.

hanseo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone known the offsets for phantasy star nova, tales of hearts r and sword art online hollow fragment?

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone known the offsets for phantasy star nova, tales of hearts r and sword art online hollow fragment?

I think I found a few for Hollow Fragment but unfortunately it looks like the game has an extra level of security added to it, since everytime I edit a save (no matter how small) it throws a corrupt save error at me. Unfortunately there's no knowledge of how exactly Hollow Fragment saves work because it was never released on an exploitable system like some other vita games where.

I imagine it works similar to Lost Song which uses some kind of secure id check or something iirc.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I found a few for Hollow Fragment but unfortunately it looks like the game has an extra level of security added to it, since everytime I edit a save (no matter how small) it throws a corrupt save error at me. Unfortunately there's no knowledge of how exactly Hollow Fragment saves work because it was never released on an exploitable system like some other vita games where.

I imagine it works similar to Lost Song which uses some kind of secure id check or something iirc.
Man, I just watched a few videos on SaO:HF, and few games need a re-translation more than that one god damn. It's basically a literal translation with no care for sense or consistency. I would never buy that game in that state lmfao

Reactions: Lazy0wnage

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Man, I just watched a few videos on SaO:HF, and few games need a re-translation more than that one god damn. It's basically a literal translation with no care for sense or consistency. I would never buy that game in that state lmfao

Yeah it is pretty bad, not to mention all the grammatical errors that are way too frequent considering scripts are suppose to be proof read a bunch of times. I think they just wanted it translated quick so they could cash in on the hype (I hope Lost Song has a better translation).

That being said it's better than nothing, I only studied Japanese for a few years and unfortunately my reading skills suck. So I gotta make do with whatever the publishers throw at us (unless there's a lovely fanslation out there) :P

At least now someone will actually be able to edit the translation themselves if anyone thinks it's worth the effort.

Last edited by Rasa39,
Reactions: Gadorach

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah it is pretty bad, not to mention all the grammatical errors that are way too frequent considering scripts are suppose to be proof read a bunch of times. I think they just wanted it translated quick so they could cash in on the hype (I hope Lost Song has a better translation).

That being said it's better than nothing, I only studied Japanese for a few years and unfortunately my reading skills suck. So I gotta make do with whatever the publishers throw at us (unless there's a lovely fanslation out there) :P

At least now someone will actually be able to edit the translation themselves if anyone thinks it's worth the effort.
Exactly, hopefully the community will be able to fix it, assuming it's even worth playing.

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is gonna be really hilarious, I can be patient about this as I have my hacked new 3ds but is it possible for a Borderlands 2 Vita editor? I don't have any of the consoles versions, all I want is to level up my characters to 72. I know most people who have it, got 72 on consoles cause its easy peasy with all the glitches but leveling up in Vita is a pain? I would be very grateful and thankful.

Sabishinbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to make an editor for Freedom Wars? I've tried tinkering a little with my save and I'm getting no love lol
I've tried tinkering around in Freedom Wars myself. I could be wrong here, but the values are all stored as FLOAT. I've still not found the values for money though. It's probably calculated in some unique way to make finding it harder lol. However, instead of editing money one could try and find the values for a saleable item such as parts or factory managers.

Last edited by Sabishinbo,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I've tried tinkering around in Freedom Wars myself. I could be wrong here, but the values are all stored as FLOAT. I've still not found the values for money though. It's probably calculated in some unique way to make finding it harder lol. However, instead of editing money one could try and find the values for a saleable item such as parts or factory managers.
sorry if this is insulting - but you looked in little endian and big endian?
i don't have freedom wars, but that's strange the money is hard to find... good luck!

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Someone can give a look in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 eur save? I know that are few games (on ps3) where you can got infinte health even on save editing :D

Reactions: cearp

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Tony8690 - so you are not using near or email app before you open the molecularshell installed to the game patch folder?
weird, i thought that would mean nothing is decrypted.
maybe that only applies to the real game data, and not save data?

anyway, running browser-> only takes like 2 seconds, i just keep the browser open and reload the page when needed to open up near.

the annoying bit is swapping out the real game patch for molecularshell each time i want to play the game to change data, to get more saves to play around with and compare.

i can see the exact value/memory offset i want to edit, but i can also see a 2 byte checksum near the top of the save.
i'll try to figure it out by myself... but yeah good luck to me :D

i follow the steps and every time i put the address in my browser it loads Near but doesnt ever bring up the manual of the game im editing.

in my patch folder i have a folder called PCSB00395 (this is for FFX HD) this contains the molecular shell files. so when i open up FFX HD it actually loads the shell.

i havent ever had any issues? i have edited my save file and given myself good ammount of money, 99 of all items ect (all using a save editor as i dont understand HEX).

from what i have heard from other peoples posts, if the manual doesnt pop up then i shouldn't be able to access my encrypted/unencrypted files??

T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvojgRvNriw