Hacking Henkaku Save Editing Thread

Sabishinbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Share your Vita save offsets and cheats here.

Employ the forum's search functions to find cheats posted in this thread. Rinne is also creating a database for Vita cheats compatible with his cheating application. For more on this, check the Wololo link below.

Want to join the search? Here's a link to Rincheat: Wololo
Recommended tools for hex editing: HxD, Hex Workshop, Cheat Engine, Rincheat, GoHan.

to be cleaned soon™

Last edited by Sabishinbo,

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd also like people to share how they've been editing saves. I managed to pull my save, but all I get is a mess of crap.

No plain text in the file and when I search values I get nothing via Hex or Integer search in HxD.

Some education would be nice, thanks.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I'd also like people to share how they've been editing saves. I managed to pull my save, but all I get is a mess of crap.

No plain text in the file and when I search values I get nothing via Hex or Integer search in HxD.

Some education would be nice, thanks.
That's because they're encrypted. First step would be to decrypt

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
According to all the tutorials, if you use Henkaku to pull the data it's already decrypted. Did I miss something?
Save data? I'll admit I don't know that much about it, nor have I tried it yet, but I can't imagine that to be true.

Someone will probably clarify soon though :)

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
You access the game's save data AS the game, so it's already decrypted for the game's use.

Tutorial: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46339
Video:

Soak it all up and let me know what you think.

Cool that was informative, and while he doesnt explicitly says that the save is decrypted (he only mentions that the games are), it certainly seems like he implies that.

So let's wait and see what'll come out of this. I'm currently trying to host the exploit on my server (without success..) .. Once I figure that out, I have a save file in mind I can see if it's encrypted or not.

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool that was informative, and while he doesnt explicitly says that the save is decrypted (he only mentions that the games are), it certainly seems like he implies that.

So let's wait and see what'll come out of this. I'm currently trying to host the exploit on my server (without success..) .. Once I figure that out, I have a save file in mind I can see if it's encrypted or not.

Don't just watch the tutorial, read the guide from Wololo that explicitly states that the data is decrypted.

I tried another game and I can see my character's name in the data, so I guess the saves are just complex and I'm trash at hex editing.

Hopefully someone more experienced will hit the thread.

Reactions: Madridi

Sabishinbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heh

Attachments

• 2016-08-04-084044.jpg
    2016-08-04-084044.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 4,364
Reactions: cearp

Sabishinbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HOW U DO THAT? AND ALSO CAN U DO STATS AS WELL?
Decrypt the game and search for the values using cheat engine. The stats in Totori are a bitch to find, I've only managed to find Melvia's defense stat at this point. They're in there somewhere though.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bad news... cheating on the vita online :(
Good news. when somoene makes a dead or alive extreme volleyball 100% savegame.

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decrypt the game and search for the values using cheat engine. The stats in Totori are a bitch to find, I've only managed to find Melvia's defense stat at this point. They're in there somewhere though.

Can you elaborate on this?

Decrypt the game and search the files with CE?

How can you use CE on non-PC games?

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've managed to edit P4G and FFX HD (although I had to fix the checksum on FF otherwise the save corrupted). Right now I'm trying to edit my project diva f/f2nd saves but I can't find any of the values, and importing publicly available ps3 saves (same file, slightly larger size) after I have decrypted them fails to load the save. I had hoped since they look so similar in hxd once decrypted that it might have worked.

It seems that some games, although decrypted, might have ways of preventing easy save edits (checksums, x4 values etc). Anyone else had trouble with a save yet? I've only tried basic values so far (changing money, characters hp and mp).

Sabishinbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you elaborate on this?

Decrypt the game and search the files with CE?

How can you use CE on non-PC games?
Use the Open File function and search for the values like you would any other game. I was able to cheat out max money on Estival Versus and Akiba's Trip 2 by using CE. Makes finding hex values leagues easier.

I've managed to edit P4G and FFX HD (although I had to fix the checksum on FF otherwise the save corrupted). Right now I'm trying to edit my project diva f/f2nd saves but I can't find any of the values, and importing publicly available ps3 saves (same file, slightly larger size) after I have decrypted them fails to load the save. I had hoped since they look so similar in hxd once decrypted that it might have worked.

It seems that some games, although decrypted, might have ways of preventing easy save edits (checksums, x4 values etc). Anyone else had trouble with a save yet? I've only tried basic values so far (changing money, characters hp and mp).
IIRC I read a post in /hbg/ that stated that the values in F/2nd were reversed. So if you have 999 cash and that converts to > 5959 in hex you'd
reverse that and search 9595 in HxD or whatever you use.
edit* found the image
http://prntscr.com/c2t4lx

Attachments

• Screenshot_131.png
    Screenshot_131.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 1,468
Last edited by Sabishinbo,

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the Open File function and search for the values like you would any other game. I was able to cheat out max money on Estival Versus and Akiba's Trip 2 by using CE. Makes finding hex values leagues easier.

IIRC I read a post in /hbg/ that stated that the values in F/2nd were reversed. So if you have 999 cash and that converts to > 5959 in hex you'd

Just to be clear here:

Your first step is to decrypt, you mean just pull the "decrypted" save and open with CE?

I'm also going to try searching backward.

edit: Getting nothing on Grand Kingdom, must be more encryption

Last edited by Gootah,

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
edit* found the image
http://prntscr.com/c2t4lx

Yeah that's the case with all games I believe (at least everything I've edited on the 3ds was that way too). I use Cheat engine to get my hex, then in HxD I flip the bytes, that's how I found values in P4G and FFX HD.
Unfortunately there seems to be something else hiding the f/2nd values (I tried x2 x4 and x8 as well but got nothing) :(

Gonna try f/2nd a few more times and see if I can get any results.

Btw I'll go back through my files later and post up some offsets.

Sabishinbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear here:

Your first step is to decrypt, you mean just pull the "decrypted" save and open with CE?

I'm also going to try searching backward.

edit: Getting nothing on Grand Kingdom, must be more encryption
Yeah. Just dump the files from savedata0: and open them up in CE and have at it.
>edit: Getting nothing on Grand Kingdom, must be more encryption
Yeah, I'm thinking that some games may have an extra layer of encryption or something. I was unable to find Freedom War's money offset myself.

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like maybe it's game with decent online elements that have the added protection, which would make sense. Especially when considering that some single player games are just fancy ports of ps2 titles so they have the same basic decrypted save structure.

I'd like to test more but my vita seems to be going crazy, I play from cartridge a lot but trying to launch a digital game crashes my vita and the power menu also freezes. Hopefully I'm not totally screwed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: