Hacking [Help] WUP Installer GX2 stuck on 0% with no returning error

IiZabrakiI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if I sound short or rude about anything it isn't how I mean it I am just excited to finally have other people to talk about this with.
I have run it from the HBL that one is WUP installer GX2 v1.0 rev 15 says in the description that it is based off of WUP Installer y mod this was on the SD card. I have also tried installing the WUP installer GX2 Channel with that installed on the HDD and the NAND. I have reinstalled Haxchi (just the installer on HBL not the .ovh way.) It was working previously and then just stopped working randomly, in my case I tried to install a bunch of things at once and it crashed after which point it no longer worked.

IiZabrakiI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I was thinking of is one thing I have noticed just about everyone has said is that it was working and stopped kind of randomly. Could it maybe be an issue where it is thinking the HDD is out of space?

TruckerKevin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No mine never worked correctly. I wonder if it has something to do with me installing it to the nand, but deleting it and installing it to the USB, perhaps there is something remnant left behind that the system did not agree with?

Last edited by TruckerKevin,

IS_Nitro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same issue and reformatting the USB worked for me. For now at least, I've only put 40 gigs back on so far (one game 20 gigs, the rest 1-6gigs).

vibespredah

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well if any of your incidents are like mine it's because i was having power issues with my usb hub. must have quit the install about 4 times part way through because of faulty cable. that being said, around the 4th time it now wouldnt install at all and is stuck at 0%. Automatically i assumed there's be some corrupt data on the harddrive preventing install. I went and checked the data management area and there was. However it did say it deleted and yet still doesnt install. There must be some corrupt data hiding in there yet.

Fanjita

Trophies
Website
www.fanjita.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Old thread, but a quick data point from my experiences, having just hit this.

My suspicion is that it has something to do with files left on the USB disk after a failed install attempt.

I've been trying to install an Okami WUP (from Tecnomon's WiiVC injector) to USB disk via current WUP Installer GX2 from the HB Appstore. I've had at least 2 failed attempts :
1. Reached the end of installing to USB, but got the FFE9 error about failed USB access. Not sure exactly why, but research suggests that the WUP might be corrupt.
2. Failed to install to NAND on white WiiU because I'd underestimated how big the game was, and it filled the NAND and aborted.

The USB drive is a single WiiU partition on a 2TB Y-cable powered disk.

I've tested with installing something a small WUP (HB channel), and I can install that to both NAND and USB just fine. But the Okami WUP still hangs at 0 if I try to install to USB.

Reactions: Zeh_Ot

Fanjita

Trophies
Website
www.fanjita.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And actually any other WUP (including ones created via the WiiVC injector) appears to be fine, too. So it seems quite likely that there are some files left over from the previous attempt, though at this point I can't think of a way to get rid of them. I'll probably just install that one WUP via another USB device.

Smandy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my experience.
I bought both a Y-Cable and a 2 TB drive USB drive.

Because I didn't fully understand how to use a Y-Cable, I plugged in the Y-cable and connected it to the drive. But I did not connect both USB connecters to the Wii U. Just one.
I would not recognize the drive to format.

So then I used the single cable and after connecting, I was able to format the drive for WiiU no problem.

I was able to WUP Install quite a few games.
I was able to play, but on occasion a game would freeze or when I boot the system I get an occaisional USB hard drive failure.
So just reboot and it would work.

Then it got worse. It got to the point where it would start to copy, but then freeze or not even get past zero.

I clean up the drive a little through Wii U system, thinking maybe some bad data got saved during some crashes.

If you are still awake reading this, long story short (too late), I needed to attach the Y-Cable properly to the Wii u. Once I attached both connectors to the Wii for the one single drive, no failures, no pauses, and everything is faster.

So in summary, for me, this was a lack of power issue to the USB drive.
If you are attaching your Y cable properly, maybe you have a bad cable?

Just thought I'd share my resolution that worked for me

Fanjita

Trophies
Website
www.fanjita.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I found a workaround that works for me now, every time.

My setup is that I have a uStealth'd Y-cable USB drive in the back of my Wii U, for playing Wii backups. And another, non-stealthed drive in the front USB ports, again on a Y cable.

I find that if I get the USB error when trying to install a WUP, then this works for me every time to get around it:
- Power off the console.
- Unplug everything from the rear USB ports : this includes the Y adaptor stealth drive, plus a hub with guitar controller and network adaptor.
- Eject the SD card
- Power back on
- Re-insert the SD card
- Load up the WUP installer again, this time it works just fine.

earithramir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I've been experiencing the same problem.
Installing a game stuck at 0%, but updates seem to install just fine.
Tried both USB 2.0 and internal memory (black edition with just a couple of games installed)
In my case i tried a game, the update for that given game and a Vc-Inject of Mario Party 7 (gamecube).
And the update of the game installs just fine... tried both the GX2 Mod and GX2

edit:
A game that previously wasn't installable, i was able to install by updating its update, removing that update and then retry the game itself.
Don't know why but now it seem to be installing.. Yeah!! (using the GX2 Mod version) Will also test my Vc Inject, hopefully that works too.

edit 2:
The problem seems to be consistent with Custom channels (that require the sig patch). Other games are installing just fine, any thoughts on this? Maybe patch the install folder, is that even possible?

Last edited by earithramir,

Darksound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tl;dr,

***BE CAREFUL IF YOU HAVE ColdBoot Haxchi installed!!***
Try formatting an empty second drive with your Wii U, and use the built in Copy functionality to migrate your correct pre-existing game + save data off of the failing drive.
It's not cheap, but it's better imo than recreating an entire setup.

Greetings all!
While this is an old thread, I've come to share my experience, as I recently experienced a very similar scenario and came to a far better solution than completely remaking my Wii U setup + using two different drives.

My setup was:

-8GB White Wii U
-Basic Haxchi w/Mocha CFW
-4GB SanDisk microSD w/adapter used for homebrew apps, Smash mods, etc.
-1 128GB SanDisk microSD w/adapter for game installs
-2 1TB Seagate External Hard Drives
Note: Like @Fanjita, I originally used two drives, one for Wii U games and another for Wii/GC games using USB Loader GX.
Note Note: I duplicated this exact setup for my fathers + sisters Wii U's, both 32gb black.

After discovering Tecon Moons injector script I decided to pull as many titles as I could to a single drive. Prior to this, I had 200+ Wii U titles (meaning only installs created by Nintendo, be it Wii U, Wii, DS, etc) installed to my Wii U drive. These were done 2 years ago using Wup Installer Y Mod, and a few with the gx2 GUI version around the release of BoTW.

Anyway, excited to install GC games to the same drive, I used Wup Installer gx2 to install an injected Animal Crossing(GC). gx2 said "An error has occurred!" with no error code. Miffed, I tried Soul Calibur 2 instead. This one worked perfectly, and I enjoyed arcade on the gamepad for a few days.

However, after this install, I saw the exact same behavior everyone discusses here.
  • SD Card formatting didn't help. --Nor did trying other SD cards
  • Tried opening space on HDD in spite of it showing a huge amount of space (maybe it was a fake 1TB) but it didn't work too.
  • Y Mod and GX2 versions of WUP Installer tried and failed (both stuck on 0%, Y mod returning to folder selection).
  • Games can easily create content (saves) inside HDD, I can also copy installed games from Nand to HDD (so the problem is most likely not on the HDD).
  • Reports here show re-formatting HDD didn't solve the issue. -- Did not try this one.
  • Tried many types of games: Wii USB Helper packages and also manually injected packages for GC, both with the same results.
  • Reports here show reinstalling all mods and Haxchi on Wii U solve the issue.
Importantly noted above, I could install games to NAND and copy to USB. But, these were potentially dirty inject titles. So these were under no circumstances going straight to NAND.
I replicated this exact same scenario on the other two duplicate Wii U setups.

Frightened that I'd need to reinstall 200+ titles, and seeing no solutions aside from total setup recreation, I tried Y Mod. Y Mod did the same thing BUT it gave me the error code 0xfffcffe5.
I found another thread that op @bostonBC created for our same problem and immediately replied that he got around this by copying all of his data from his install-failing drive to another drive using the Wii U copy functionality, and that installs then worked again on that drive.
This solution worked for all 3 of my Wii U setups. I backed up the data for each Wii U's Wii/GC drive, and then did a swap, reformatted the leftovers and used them for other shenanigans.

I agree with @Fanjita :
My suspicion is that it has something to do with files left on the USB disk after a failed install attempt.
A failing install left corrupted data on the hard drive, invisible to the Wii U but fatal to the installers. Successful installs occurring on the drive containing only data the Wii U Copy function can see and therefore copy corroborates this theory.

Off soapbox.
Thanks for reading this far!
I hope this helps someone!
All credit goes to @bostonBC . He saved my tail.
Cheers for first post on GBATemp ~

Last edited by Darksound,

Zeh_Ot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had the same problem. I was able to fix it only by formatting again the USB. Maybe it got corrupt somehow, I wasn't able even to look at data management in system menu.

Reactions: Alexander1970

glugglug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran into this same problem. Repeatable and reproducible, from a specific game: Super Smash Bros.

Ripping this disc hangs at a bit over 2GB. Installing from that fails, downloading with nusspli and installing "succeeds" the first time, but after this any other install attempt fails.

Looking at the SD card in settings then shows Super Smash Bros "installed" taking 0KB. Attempting to delete this or reformat in the Wii fails, it must be reformatted in the PC first.

This is reproducible just attempting to download Super Smash Bros with either nusspli or WiiUDownloader and install it, without trying to extract from the disc first as well.

Successfully installed about 15 other titles.

glugglug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ran into this same problem. Repeatable and reproducible, from a specific game: Super Smash Bros.

Ripping this disc hangs at a bit over 2GB. Installing from that fails, downloading with nusspli and installing "succeeds" the first time, but after this any other install attempt fails.

Looking at the SD card in settings then shows Super Smash Bros "installed" taking 0KB. Attempting to delete this or reformat in the Wii fails, it must be reformatted in the PC first.

This is reproducible just attempting to download Super Smash Bros with either nusspli or WiiUDownloader and install it, without trying to extract from the disc first as well.

Successfully installed about 15 other titles.
This turned out to be a bad SD card, verified with MediaTester. Don't know why I was consistently hitting the bad parts of it installing the same title each time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw