• Thread starter PriCka
  • Start date
  • Views 1,459
  • Replies 6
P

PriCka

OP
Hello,

I'm sure that someone is going to point me at another thread for an answer to this.. I have searched, honest guv!

Anyhow I have an old Supercard SD and 1GB card that I used to use for my DS. I have been trying to get it working with my GBA micro for a few hours now but seem to be going around in circles.

I have the latest Supercard software (2.58) and kernel for the card itself (1.7). Now, the card is formatted and the supercard programmer seems to transfer roms without any problem. I switch on the GBA micro and am greeted by the Supercard menu without a hitch.

But! When I try to load a game from the list the counter ticks away as if loading.. then freezes on a white screen! I have tried a few different settings/roms without any joy.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
Well, that's a tough one. The only thing I would play with, now you've exhausted all setting/rom combonations, is to try downgrading your firmware maybe. I've heard on some Supercard forums people getting white screens with some firmwares >1.6

You can find the old firmwares (I think) at http://scdev.org/index.php , if not I'm sure you can google it.

This may not be the answer my friend, but this is only advise I have - I'm sure someone will post something else a bit more insightfull soon enough

Best of luck, let us know the progress

Peace

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its been a while since the gameboy micro was released. But I'm not sure if it doesn't like certain flash carts. The normal supercard will look wayyy too big in a micro anyway. Not only that the supercard hasn't got the best GBA rom compatibility and you get a lot of slow downs on some games.

gaboumafou

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Have you patched the roms with the Supercard program? If not, the problem is there!
smile.gif

P

PriCka

OP
Have you patched the roms with the Supercard program? If not, the problem is there!
smile.gif

I have just been letting the supercard programmer patch them, the same as I used to with DS roms. should I be doing something different?

I will try some older kernels and report back!

BTW.. cheers for the help fellas!
smile.gif

P

PriCka

OP
YAY! for those interested I got this working with Supercard software version V2.432 and Kernel 1.6.

Thanks for the link megatron
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries