Help with Supercard

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by PriCka, Jun 3, 2007.

Jun 3, 2007

Help with Supercard by PriCka at 11:37 PM (901 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. PriCka
    OP

PriCka Newbie

Hello,

I'm sure that someone is going to point me at another thread for an answer to this.. I have searched, honest guv!

Anyhow I have an old Supercard SD and 1GB card that I used to use for my DS. I have been trying to get it working with my GBA micro for a few hours now but seem to be going around in circles.

I have the latest Supercard software (2.58) and kernel for the card itself (1.7). Now, the card is formatted and the supercard programmer seems to transfer roms without any problem. I switch on the GBA micro and am greeted by the Supercard menu without a hitch.

But! When I try to load a game from the list the counter ticks away as if loading.. then freezes on a white screen! I have tried a few different settings/roms without any joy.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. megatron_lives

Member megatron_lives GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Well, that's a tough one. The only thing I would play with, now you've exhausted all setting/rom combonations, is to try downgrading your firmware maybe. I've heard on some Supercard forums people getting white screens with some firmwares >1.6

You can find the old firmwares (I think) at http://scdev.org/index.php , if not I'm sure you can google it.

This may not be the answer my friend, but this is only advise I have - I'm sure someone will post something else a bit more insightfull soon enough

Best of luck, let us know the progress

Peace

3. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Its been a while since the gameboy micro was released. But I'm not sure if it doesn't like certain flash carts. The normal supercard will look wayyy too big in a micro anyway. Not only that the supercard hasn't got the best GBA rom compatibility and you get a lot of slow downs on some games.

4. gaboumafou

Member gaboumafou GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Have you patched the roms with the Supercard program? If not, the problem is there! [​IMG]

5. PriCka
    OP

PriCka Newbie

I have just been letting the supercard programmer patch them, the same as I used to with DS roms. should I be doing something different?

I will try some older kernels and report back!

BTW.. cheers for the help fellas! [​IMG]

6. PriCka
    OP

PriCka Newbie

YAY! for those interested I got this working with Supercard software version V2.432 and Kernel 1.6.

Thanks for the link megatron [​IMG]

7. megatron_lives

Member megatron_lives GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    No worries buddy glad it worked for ya!

Peace