Help with Supercard

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by PriCka, Jun 3, 2007.

1. PriCka
    OP

PriCka Newbie

Hello,

I'm sure that someone is going to point me at another thread for an answer to this.. I have searched, honest guv!

Anyhow I have an old Supercard SD and 1GB card that I used to use for my DS. I have been trying to get it working with my GBA micro for a few hours now but seem to be going around in circles.

I have the latest Supercard software (2.58) and kernel for the card itself (1.7). Now, the card is formatted and the supercard programmer seems to transfer roms without any problem. I switch on the GBA micro and am greeted by the Supercard menu without a hitch.

But! When I try to load a game from the list the counter ticks away as if loading.. then freezes on a white screen! I have tried a few different settings/roms without any joy.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. megatron_lives

megatron_lives GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2006
    Hampshire
    Well, that's a tough one. The only thing I would play with, now you've exhausted all setting/rom combonations, is to try downgrading your firmware maybe. I've heard on some Supercard forums people getting white screens with some firmwares >1.6

You can find the old firmwares (I think) at http://scdev.org/index.php , if not I'm sure you can google it.

This may not be the answer my friend, but this is only advise I have - I'm sure someone will post something else a bit more insightfull soon enough

Best of luck, let us know the progress

Peace

3. adgloride

adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Apr 2, 2003
    Its been a while since the gameboy micro was released. But I'm not sure if it doesn't like certain flash carts. The normal supercard will look wayyy too big in a micro anyway. Not only that the supercard hasn't got the best GBA rom compatibility and you get a lot of slow downs on some games.

4. gaboumafou

gaboumafou GBAtemp Fan

Dec 23, 2006
    Canada
    Have you patched the roms with the Supercard program? If not, the problem is there! [​IMG]

5. PriCka
    OP

PriCka Newbie

I have just been letting the supercard programmer patch them, the same as I used to with DS roms. should I be doing something different?

I will try some older kernels and report back!

BTW.. cheers for the help fellas! [​IMG]

6. PriCka
    OP

PriCka Newbie

YAY! for those interested I got this working with Supercard software version V2.432 and Kernel 1.6.

Thanks for the link megatron [​IMG]

7. megatron_lives

megatron_lives GBAtemp Regular

Jul 6, 2006
    Hampshire
    No worries buddy glad it worked for ya!

Peace