Hacking Help with R4i Gold Plus burner?

andy26129

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im currently trying to update my card but my burner does not seem to flash anymore, Any ideas why? It shows no icon on both my 3ds version latest and past one.

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone have a clue, is my cart bricked or?

Try a DSLite system.
I mean the burner, not the actual cart.

What card uses a burner....?
Far as I know you just put a update on the SD card, and run your flash card on the system.
If your system is already updated, you use a DSLite (or any other older firmware system really).

What card is it your trying to update?
And whats this "burner"?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Some flash carts have additional hardware in the form of a device you plug into the computer (USB usually now) and then you can stick the flash cart in, so you can update it from the PC.

They're a hassle, more expensive, and not needed unless you update your system, which is why they're rarely seen nowadays.

andy26129

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some flash carts have additional hardware in the form of a device you plug into the computer (USB usually now) and then you can stick the flash cart in, so you can update it from the PC.

They're a hassle, more expensive, and not needed unless you update your system, which is why they're rarely seen nowadays.
One of my 3ds in not updated, but it wont recognize the card, why?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
A block via updating weill show the card but then give a generic error when trying to run it. If the cart's not detected at all, either the MicroSD is not being read by the cart (depending on how the cart works, some need a MicroSD to boot, others don't), or it's a contact issue between the cart and the 3DS, like here.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/231412-solving-acekard-contact-issues/

andy26129

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A block via updating weill show the card but then give a generic error when trying to run it. If the cart's not detected at all, either the MicroSD is not being read by the cart (depending on how the cart works, some need a MicroSD to boot, others don't), or it's a contact issue between the cart and the 3DS, like here.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/231412-solving-acekard-contact-issues/
My cart used to work fine before the update, but Ill try this. Thanks

andy26129

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/t...contact-issues/
As I mentioned above, my cart used to work fine before the update 4.3.0-10U came out, now it does not show the icon to start up the cart even after the post you mentioned. Reformated my cart, its not dirty or damaged, placed a piece of paper so it can touch the connectors properly and nothing. Did it get bricked?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: