ROM Hack Help with Pokemon Moon hackery, please

Gorkensnorkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, my girlfriend is wanting to play her Pokemon Moon game with some hackery, she has the physical cartridge and plays it on her vanilla 3ds that doesn't have any homebrew on it. What I am wondering is... Can I use her game in my A9LH/Luma 3ds and alter the save data then give it back to her to play on her vanilla 3ds? Or will I have to dump the game onto my machine for her to play it with edited save data?

Also, I have no idea what I am doing or where to start with editing Pokemon Moon save data... so any pointers or links to good threads would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do that. Extract her save file witb JKSM, open it up in Pkhex, make your changes, save your changes and override the original save in the folder that JKSM provides, then use JKSM to import her save back into her cartridge.

Gorkensnorkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fantastic, thanks for the reply. So, what is JKSM? I am familiar with PkHax (at least I know what it is) but I am going to want to ensure that her changes are legit so she can play online without problems, are there any tutorials or threads that might be relevant in helping me do that?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fantastic, thanks for the reply. So, what is JKSM? I am familiar with PkHax (at least I know what it is) but I am going to want to ensure that her changes are legit so she can play online without problems, are there any tutorials or threads that might be relevant in helping me do that?
JKSM is a save manager that you can install as a CIA to your Home Menu. You can find the thread by Google searching for it. Pkhex has a legitimacy checker (for the Pokemon at least). Although, I haven't had any issues with modifying my bag items and the like. Just make sure to download the latest version of JKSM from the first post of that thread under the "QR Codes/DL Links" section and make sure to download the latest version of Pkhex from Project Pokemon's site.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)