noStriker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
HI to everyone

I found a program several weeks for creating custom quests for mhxx but i couldnt use it at that time because of lack of time. Im a huge fan of the game and i want to do some challenging quests. The problem is the program i found is in japanese, and it appears this is the only one. I tried to follow the steps in the page but as there are several characters in japanese im unable to continue (most of the part is with names). So if anybody can help me, im sure this will be very useful for us

The program is here (had to upload it because the link in the forum appears to be dead): https://mega.nz/#!olknWT4A!8p6aW5hrI2Nazm470YR1NunmchsJ2gXYe25WIVlTsnk

The page: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5105382195

I dont know if i should have sent a PM to dasding or APM as they help a lot to the mhcomunity with the translations or save editors (anyone can tag them if possible), but any help is appreciate

Thanks to everyone

Reactions: Flynn777

randomguy6197

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh, I got up to step 3 but couldn't get my Quest_Construct to display anything on the right hand side like his does on his picture. I'll keep trying, but google translate can only allow me to understand so much!

edit: I did it! Only works offline, but you can change time and a lot of other things, too. I posted a tutorial underneath

Last edited by randomguy6197,

randomguy6197

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alright, after a lotta trial and error, i think i have the basic gist of what to do.
it's pretty much broken down into three sections, decrypting, editing, re-encrypting.

i only used it for editing existing event quests (which came from downloading a DLC quest).

disclaimers:
- i have yet to successfully edit anything for online play; the quests work offline, but as soon as i try to put them up in online play it throws a "bad quest data" error. any fixes would be appreciated.
- the program being used forcefully sets any quests to have the "1 player only" restriction. however, since they don't even work in online play, this should not be a problem. i have a means to get around it, but, again, the quest still doesn't run online.

decrypting
  • transfer your mhxx's extdata system file to your computer. i used jk's save manager.
  • copy the system file into the directory that contains the unzipped mhxx_questare.exe file (from the mhxx_questtool archive you sent)
  • open mhxx_questare.exe and press the bottom right button; this is the save button. remember what it looks like
  • in mhxx_questare.exe's directory, three new folders should show up: road, save and quest. road and quest should be empty for now, while save will have a buncha files from which we will only need challenge.que and event.que.
  • next, open up Quest_Construct.exe and (depending on which DLC you downloaded, either a challenge quest or an event quest) drag the corresponding que file into the dark gray spot of the program window.
  • some japanese text should pop up, and in the quest folder in the directory of Quest_Construct.exe , a .arc file should have been made.
  • drag this arc file into the same dark gray spot in Quest_Construct.exe, and now it should create a new folder called quest_open, within which will be the folder for your quest's unpacked quest files.
editing
  • open up Quedixx.exe and drag the entire folder inside quest_open (the one named q******name) into Quedixx.exe's window. after a few moments, the quest's info should pop up.
  • at this point, your guess is as good as mine! i managed to change the target monster, number of monsters, the icon, the quest objective, the rewards, but I will only walk you through the rewards section since it's the most complicated one.
  • you will see this screen:
puu.sh/yEQIi/52857bfa9b.png

• ofcourse yours should be filled in with your DLC information. now you can edit to your hearts content! if you want to know how i managed to translate so easily, i used windows 10's magnifier tool to get screenshots of good enough quality and used newocr to scrape characters to use in google translate. wew.
changing quest text
go into the tab i translated above to questtext, and change the title slightly. this is so we can see if we're doing the right stuff later on.

changing rewards

when you click on the rewards tab, it should show something like this:
puu.sh/yEQPN/7de3c4641d.png
under the Quedixx title should be a name, in this case it's rem_000000.rem
in order to edit rewards properly, what should be shown here is rem_6******.rem. in order to get that file, go into the DLC quest's unpacked folder (inside quest_open) and go to rem. drag the rem_6*****.rem file that should be in there onto the window. it should prompt you with a window asking you whether to save questData_1*****.mib or not. the bottom left is to save all ticked items, and bottom right is do not change (it says discard, but it won't discard you changes). ENSURE YOU ARE NOT EDITING rem_000000.rem.

most of the rest of the window, i have no idea what it means, i just know that the button between the up and down arrows is edit, and that the third column on the big table has (next to ID, and item name) the item amount and the item drop frequency percentage (make sure all drop frequencies add up to 100 for multiple items)

saving

press file and hit the second option to save all. an error sometimes occurs, especially when editing the rewards, so i recommend editing quest data without editing rewards first, then saving rem_6*****.rem individually (using the first option) afterwards.
once you've saved, close Quedixx.exe and reopen it. try to drag the unpacked quest folder (again, its the one inside quest_open) back into it and ensure your changes saved properly.

re-packing
puu.sh/yERnN/7b033c313b.png
  • if you think you're ready, open Quest_Construct.exe and drag the unpacked quest folder into the dark gray space. hit the rightmost button to update the list and see your edited quest take the place of the dlc one! (this might not be obvious if you didn't change the title)
  • hit the save key, and inside your 'road', or load, folder should be a new challenge and event.que file. you dont have to do anything with these yet.
  • open up mhxx_questare.exe. (look at the image above where it says "file: system.....", this was meant for mhxx_questare.exe not for Quest_Construct, ensure that your system directory for the original system file, save directory where the buncha files including challenge.que and event.que are, and the load directory matches if you changed it. if you followed the instructions to not touch those settings, then you're free to leave it be.
  • now press the bottom right key, which should edit your system file (check timestamps to be sure).
  • transfer the system file back into your 3ds and import it.

sorry for the bad english; if you have any questions on anything, feel free to ask! (idk if will be able to answer though haha)

mikewii7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Tried to insert CQ in to game by adding it to gq.arc archive, i saw my quest in quests list but got same "Request failed. Quest data is incorrect" when tried to post in online hub. Game do some quest check before u can post it online

mikewii7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
i created code to bypass checks when posting custom quest online
[CQ_pass1.0_MHXXv140]
004518E8 E3A06001
00451BE8 E3A00001

it allow you to post cqs online
guest will need to apply code too to accept cq