1. Bweachy

OP Bweachy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Whenever I have my sd card with hiya CFW installed, when I power it on it displays a message that reads: "The system memory is full. Manage your save data under Data Management in the System Settings." When I clicked ok, it brought me to a screen where I was able to delete software. I noticed that it said I had 0 blocks on my system, so I tried to delete something (RIP my dsiware game) to no avail. It still said I have 0 blocks after that. I removed the sd card and as normal, I was brought to unlaunch. I clicked launch and went to settings. Turns out ia ctually have 500 blocks, but I can't find a way to get rid of this error message. Would anybody happen to be able to help?

2. kenseiden

kenseiden i am overflow

United States
    EDIT: Oh wait, never mind. This might be a separate issue completely. (Distracted posting; I should read it better next time.)

How big is your SD card? If I recall correctly, HiyaCFW won’t be able to boot directly from power on if the SD card is bigger than 2 GB. The only way to boot into HiyaCFW with a 2 GB or bigger SD card is to use Unlaunch and set it up so that Unlaunch automatically chain boots into HiyaCFW. That’s how I have my DSi with a 4 GB SD card set up for HiyaCFW.

Last edited by kenseiden, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Pk11

Pk11 A cat girl with a DSi

United States
    I'm guessing this is connected to the An error has occurred issue where it thinks you have negative free space, but it just thinks you have very little right now instead of negative. If that's the case I'll try update the dummy file creation to avoid this too soon, but for now you can probably fix this by creating a large file (try like 500MB or so, maybe up to around 2GB though)

Also, how much free space do you have right now when its happening? (in bytes) I haven't had this happen and the free space bug is kind confusing so it'd be nice to know about how much causes it.

If its not that then you probably have too big of DSiWare in the sd:/title/00030004 folder, but I think that throws "An error has occurred..."

alexander1970 likes this.
  4. Jevil_DS

Jevil_DS Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    ah, a classic situation of what ive coined "zelda syndrome" where you have a problem and cant figure out the sulution and then when you lay it off for a while and come back to it wondering why you stoped and when you do that the sulution is clear, so try going back to a guide and figure it out, works for me :yaynds:

5. Bweachy

OP Bweachy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'll try that, but how exactly do a create a file that large? I currently have 4000000000 bytes free on my sd. It worked perfectly fine until yesterday randomly.

6. Pk11

United States
    Did you add more files or something when it broke? The menu gets buggy for certain amounts of free space. That amount should actually be detected and worked around automatically by the latest version of hiyaCFW, https://github.com/RocketRobz/hiyaCFW/releases.

If it doesn't create a dummy file automatically for some reason then you can use
    Code:
    fsutil file createnew dummy0 1073741824
    on windows or
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/zero of=dummy0 count=1024 bs=1048576
    on macOS/Linux to create 1GB files

alexander1970 likes this.
  7. Bweachy

OP Bweachy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've created 3 different dummy files, but whenever I put them on the sd card I get this screen. I'm not exactly sure how to update my Hiya CFW files.

Attached Files:

8. Pk11

United States
    As it says in the release :P

banjo2 and alexander1970 like this.
  9. Bweachy

OP Bweachy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for helping me solve my issue! I'm not really into dsi homebrew as much as I am with the Wii, so thanks for your help!

Pk11, banjo2 and alexander1970 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - problem,