Homebrew Help with Hiya CFW problem.

Exploggs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I have my sd card with hiya CFW installed, when I power it on it displays a message that reads: "The system memory is full. Manage your save data under Data Management in the System Settings." When I clicked ok, it brought me to a screen where I was able to delete software. I noticed that it said I had 0 blocks on my system, so I tried to delete something (RIP my dsiware game) to no avail. It still said I have 0 blocks after that. I removed the sd card and as normal, I was brought to unlaunch. I clicked launch and went to settings. Turns out ia ctually have 500 blocks, but I can't find a way to get rid of this error message. Would anybody happen to be able to help?

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Oh wait, never mind. This might be a separate issue completely. (Distracted posting; I should read it better next time.)

How big is your SD card? If I recall correctly, HiyaCFW won’t be able to boot directly from power on if the SD card is bigger than 2 GB. The only way to boot into HiyaCFW with a 2 GB or bigger SD card is to use Unlaunch and set it up so that Unlaunch automatically chain boots into HiyaCFW. That’s how I have my DSi with a 4 GB SD card set up for HiyaCFW.

Last edited by kenseiden,

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing this is connected to the An error has occurred issue where it thinks you have negative free space, but it just thinks you have very little right now instead of negative. If that's the case I'll try update the dummy file creation to avoid this too soon, but for now you can probably fix this by creating a large file (try like 500MB or so, maybe up to around 2GB though)

Also, how much free space do you have right now when its happening? (in bytes) I haven't had this happen and the free space bug is kind confusing so it'd be nice to know about how much causes it.

If its not that then you probably have too big of DSiWare in the sd:/title/00030004 folder, but I think that throws "An error has occurred..."

Reactions: Alexander1970

Jevil_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, a classic situation of what ive coined "zelda syndrome" where you have a problem and cant figure out the sulution and then when you lay it off for a while and come back to it wondering why you stoped and when you do that the sulution is clear, so try going back to a guide and figure it out, works for me :yaynds:

Exploggs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing this is connected to the An error has occurred issue where it thinks you have negative free space, but it just thinks you have very little right now instead of negative. If that's the case I'll try update the dummy file creation to avoid this too soon, but for now you can probably fix this by creating a large file (try like 500MB or so, maybe up to around 2GB though)

Also, how much free space do you have right now when its happening? (in bytes) I haven't had this happen and the free space bug is kind confusing so it'd be nice to know about how much causes it.

If its not that then you probably have too big of DSiWare in the sd:/title/00030004 folder, but I think that throws "An error has occurred..."
I'll try that, but how exactly do a create a file that large? I currently have 4000000000 bytes free on my sd. It worked perfectly fine until yesterday randomly.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
I'll try that, but how exactly do a create a file that large? I currently have 4000000000 bytes free on my sd. It worked perfectly fine until yesterday randomly.
Did you add more files or something when it broke? The menu gets buggy for certain amounts of free space. That amount should actually be detected and worked around automatically by the latest version of hiyaCFW, https://github.com/RocketRobz/hiyaCFW/releases.

If it doesn't create a dummy file automatically for some reason then you can use
Code:
fsutil file createnew dummy0 1073741824
on windows or
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=dummy0 count=1024 bs=1048576
on macOS/Linux to create 1GB files

Reactions: Alexander1970

Exploggs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you add more files or something when it broke? The menu gets buggy for certain amounts of free space. That amount should actually be detected and worked around automatically by the latest version of hiyaCFW, https://github.com/RocketRobz/hiyaCFW/releases.

If it doesn't create a dummy file automatically for some reason then you can use
Code:
fsutil file createnew dummy0 1073741824
on windows or
Code:
dd if=/dev/zero of=dummy0 count=1024 bs=1048576
on macOS/Linux to create 1GB files
I've created 3 different dummy files, but whenever I put them on the sd card I get this screen. I'm not exactly sure how to update my Hiya CFW files.

Attachments

• IMG_20201027_194628.jpg
    IMG_20201027_194628.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 146

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
I've created 3 different dummy files, but whenever I put them on the sd card I get this screen. I'm not exactly sure how to update my Hiya CFW files.
As it says in the release :P
To update, just replace hiya.dsi on the SD root, with the one from the 7z file, in for SDNAND SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :shy: