help with emunand before I fuck up

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Ratatapa, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Ratatapa
    OP

Ratatapa GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2015
    Canada
    N3dsU on 9.2 following this great guide http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

There is 1 thing i'm not sure

Near the end of emunand he says this

• Now your NANDs are unlinked and inside the \Nintendo 3DS folder on your microSD should now be two folders with letters and numbers. This is the proof that your NANDs are unlinked.
    • Find the folder that does not have the \dbs folder inside (this is the folder for your SysNAND as you just formatted it), and repeat the steps with import.db and title.db as described above.
      • The other folder should already have the \dbs folder, because you restored your backup to the microSD already.
    I do have the 2 folders with letters and numbers, but I do not have any folder wit ha folder name dbs because I had no backup to restore

Should I continue the guide or did I fuck up somehwere

2. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    If neither folder has DBs, then you messed up somewhere. Safest just to restart because you need them or it won't be recognized by FBI (I think)

3. Ratatapa
    OP

Ratatapa GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2015
    Canada
    yeah i just did, was scared to format the SD card and screw up, but guess it goes fine

4. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    You Forgot
    You can find dbs.zip here https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-complete-custom-firmware-guide.396349/

Also next time just post in the thread, dont make a new one...

5. DesuIsSparta

DesuIsSparta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 13, 2015
    United States
    Weaboo land
    So long as your sysnand doesn't become corrupted, it doesn't really matter what happens to the SD card. You can brick your emunand, but it's still not a problem because you can restore from an emunand backup or just start again on sysnand.