Homebrew help with emunand before I fuck up

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ratatapa
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 939
  • Replies Replies 4

Ratatapa

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2015
Messages
361
Reaction score
64
Trophies
0
Age
40
XP
1,374
Country
Canada
N3dsU on 9.2 following this great guide http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

There is 1 thing i'm not sure

Near the end of emunand he says this

  • Now your NANDs are unlinked and inside the \Nintendo 3DS folder on your microSD should now be two folders with letters and numbers. This is the proof that your NANDs are unlinked.
  • Find the folder that does not have the \dbs folder inside (this is the folder for your SysNAND as you just formatted it), and repeat the steps with import.db and title.db as described above.
    • The other folder should already have the \dbs folder, because you restored your backup to the microSD already.
I do have the 2 folders with letters and numbers, but I do not have any folder wit ha folder name dbs because I had no backup to restore

Should I continue the guide or did I fuck up somehwere
 
If neither folder has DBs, then you messed up somewhere. Safest just to restart because you need them or it won't be recognized by FBI (I think)
 
You Forgot
If you set up a fresh microSD, do the following two steps to create a working database.
  • Navigate to the \Nintendo 3DS folder on the microSD and open the folder that's all numbers and letters. Inside will be another folder that's all numbers and letters. Open that and you will see a folder called \extdata.
  • Create a new folder called \dbs there, next to the folder called \extdata. Put the two files that came in dbs.zip, called import.db and title.db, into the \dbs folder.
  • Don't do this if you already have a \dbs folder containing import.db and title.db in there!

You can find dbs.zip here https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-complete-custom-firmware-guide.396349/

Also next time just post in the thread, dont make a new one...
 
yeah i just did, was scared to format the SD card and screw up, but guess it goes fine

So long as your sysnand doesn't become corrupted, it doesn't really matter what happens to the SD card. You can brick your emunand, but it's still not a problem because you can restore from an emunand backup or just start again on sysnand.
 

Site & Scene News