Help with cheats

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by BlueBomber94, Jul 22, 2009.

Jul 22, 2009

Help with cheats by BlueBomber94 at 11:49 AM (568 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. BlueBomber94
    OP

Newcomer BlueBomber94 Newbie

Australia
    So I have an R4 with the latest firmware and I downloaded the USRCHEAT.DAT.ZIP from the cheat database. And some of my games have codes but a lot don't. Any game from N-Z has no codes at all. I would understand if I had obscure games, but games such as Pokemon Diamond don't have codes. I think it's too much of a coincidence that every single game after N has no codes but all the games before it are fine. I tried re-downloading it... yet same result.

So then I figured I would download the R4 Cheat Code Editor. Except an error occurs every time I try to save my usrcheat.dat file =/

Is it because I have too many games (49) and it will only allow codes for a certain number of games? Or something else I'm not picking up on?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

2. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    READ THE NOTICE @ cheats.gbatemp.net or better yet, go search for the new massive cheat database thread, while it may have been closed, the first post is all u need to understand what is happening to your r4.

oops, sorry for caps, but this still doesn't change anything, just do a search and amazingly, u should be able to find at least 10~50++++ threads about the same thing

edit: hmm, i was able to find 352 results with the keywords "r4" "display" "***" "******"

3. BlueBomber94
    OP

Newcomer BlueBomber94 Newbie

Australia
    Wow, cant believe I didn't see that... Sorry.

But thank you.

4. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    just use the firmware from r4li or delete one chunk of codes yourself

5. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    no worries, just glad that u read it and spread the word to the rest of your friends using r4,

Also, alternatively, u can grab ysmenu