Hacking Help with a bricked Wii!

Linh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hello, my wii has a full brick (I believe at least) I wanted to change the wii design with softmii but I think I installed something wrong on my wii and if I turn the power on of the wii the screen remains black and the wii remote does not connect with the wii. I still can insert any disc and take it back again but the wii can´t be pulled of that easily, I have to hold on 4 seconds on the POWERbutton to switch off. On most bricked wiis appears a warning but on my wii the screen is just black. My Savemiifrii does not work and i have a modchip, the firmware is a downgraded one with 3.2E. The wii is a PAL one.

Hope you guys can help me.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You played around with the softmii tweak toy without having preloader or bootmii beforehand? If so, that was a very bad decision as you have just found out the hard way. If you did at least have preloader that MAY be able to make fixing this a bit easier. I'm not really exactly sure what you would need to do from there, but I would suggest knowing exactly what you do need to do beforehand so you don't screw yourself even harder. (If you did install preloader beforehand you would get to it by holding reset right after pressing power.)

With neither bootmii or preloader, there may also be some other options since you have a modchip, but I have no clue about modchips so someone else may be able to help you there. You could also try searching the forums for similar brick problems to this. I'm sure there are quite a few that have pretty much done the same thing.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm guessing you installed a softmii theme? do you have preloader installed? if you do try holding reset on your Wii while powering it on, see if it loads into preloader. if it does, than you will be able to unbrick your Wii

If you dont have preloader and if Savemiifrii doesn't work, i'd say that looks pretty bad, if thats the case you may not be able to restore your Wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and so i got mashle instead, which is actually quite good
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    GUYS YOU CAN LAUNCH HEALTH AND SAFETY INFO IN AROMA NOW
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan,i only watched anime
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for anyone wondering what that is, basically, it's about the one person in the world without magic, instead he's just dummy strong
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr. What and Dr. Where got lost together somewhere in time, Dr. When is looking for them
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What about Dr. How?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    OR DR. WHY?
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    @Xdqwerty sorry i get excited when i get to see what type of laser the wii u uses
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    They ALL went to Nurse Why's house
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: SCPs started from some Dr. Who fanfic or smth on 4chan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Dr How and Why, will be in the prequel
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, or dr when
  • O @ OhHiNick:
    dr what
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooohhh the steamy scene with Nurse Why. omg :blush:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty is Dr. Wut
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey gets mad and tells me its a bad habit to bite your nails, even though I told her I washed my feet first.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Dr Strange is a gynecologist for prostitutes.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Going where lots of men have gone before
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i tear off my nails
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a joke, but I used to bite my nails when I was young, but when I started doing construction work and seen what crap was under my nails, I stopped.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What i said isnt a joke
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sometimes yea when they get real long, you want to, but I always end up with a bloody finger or hangnails.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well that's 30 minutes worth of complaining
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They send you the wrong STD medicine again?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: They send you the wrong STD medicine again?