Help with a bricked Wii!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Linh, Jun 10, 2009.

Jun 10, 2009

Help with a bricked Wii! by Linh at 5:18 PM (451 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Linh
    OP

Newcomer Linh Member

Germany
    hello, my wii has a full brick (I believe at least) I wanted to change the wii design with softmii but I think I installed something wrong on my wii and if I turn the power on of the wii the screen remains black and the wii remote does not connect with the wii. I still can insert any disc and take it back again but the wii canĀ“t be pulled of that easily, I have to hold on 4 seconds on the POWERbutton to switch off. On most bricked wiis appears a warning but on my wii the screen is just black. My Savemiifrii does not work and i have a modchip, the firmware is a downgraded one with 3.2E. The wii is a PAL one.

Hope you guys can help me.

2. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You played around with the softmii tweak toy without having preloader or bootmii beforehand? If so, that was a very bad decision as you have just found out the hard way. If you did at least have preloader that MAY be able to make fixing this a bit easier. I'm not really exactly sure what you would need to do from there, but I would suggest knowing exactly what you do need to do beforehand so you don't screw yourself even harder. (If you did install preloader beforehand you would get to it by holding reset right after pressing power.)

With neither bootmii or preloader, there may also be some other options since you have a modchip, but I have no clue about modchips so someone else may be able to help you there. You could also try searching the forums for similar brick problems to this. I'm sure there are quite a few that have pretty much done the same thing.

3. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i'm guessing you installed a softmii theme? do you have preloader installed? if you do try holding reset on your Wii while powering it on, see if it loads into preloader. if it does, than you will be able to unbrick your Wii

If you dont have preloader and if Savemiifrii doesn't work, i'd say that looks pretty bad, if thats the case you may not be able to restore your Wii