• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 9,527
  • Replies 13
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
So far, I guess you can say that the models have been ripped from the game. They're just not currently useable in any animating programs. 
If you can help, here's a Google Drive folder containing MOD, MRL, and TEX files. There are some being uploaded right now.
Invertigo at Court-Records forums had written a program that converts Dual Destinies iOS' TEX files to PNG, but this program doesn't appear to work with the 3DS version's TEX files.

Reactions: CaptainSwag101

XImplosionX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zaramot over at xentax wrote the following maxscript: http://pastebin.com/EafXb2ZU

As you can see, it is able to import models into 3DS max:
ZG16isH.png

There are still some issues with bone weights and the like. I might take a look at writing a parser myself. Hopefully this can get you unblocked and doing cool things.

XImplosionX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had a chance to take a look at this lately. Does anyone here have experience with 3D importers? The bone weights are off in this import script, and we need a way to import the .mrl material files for these meshes,

Cuber456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Invertigo at Court-Records forums had written a program that converts Dual Destinies iOS' TEX files to PNG, but this program doesn't appear to work with the 3DS version's TEX files.
Not too surprising I suppose. It seems a lot of 3DS games use ETC1 for textures or a variation of it. I very briefly looked at some of the TEX files in a hex editor. My guess is that they are some sort of ETC. However, I had trouble finding the widths and heights of textures which should be stored in the first 16 bytes (or in this case, the first 20 bytes). I'm not sure if I just overlooked it or maybe they aren't really ETC files. That's all I can really say without getting my hands dirty.

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sometimes the header is actually a footer. I don't have the game, so I can't look into it, but I'd check there. Also, a trick I've noticed is that since the textures have to be a power of two anyways, sometimes they use a byte for each the height and width, and the byte denotes which power of two the height or width is, though usually it's just a u16 or u32.

dirtypantsdan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bring back this topic, but I'm curious to know if anyone has access to all the model files. Regardless of being able to bring reverse engineer the tex files, I want to try to re-create the entirety of the UV mapping and textures from scratch and import the models into something cool like, Source Film Maker or MMD. Upon close inspection the textures look very simple and can be easily recreated. I wanted to give a shot and editing "chr105" which should be Trucy Wright's model. In leu of this whole 3DS exploit stuff going on, I'm curious if this somehow can gateway into accessing the Dual Destinies files much easier now? If anyone has the "chr105" I'd appreciate the help if any one can share it with me via PM. Anyway thank you.

Reactions: Deleted User

AlphaBagel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bump

I need some help, can someone get the romfs from this cia file, because I don't have a 3ds. I'm just a modeller and the files in the end result are supposed to be name either these .mod, .tex or the numbers from this photo below. PM me if you can help
jluaK8X.png

I'm trying to obtain the old school blue suit from the DLC. I'm not gonna give up, I will get this model and the textures

Bowl0l

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
@AlphaBagel, I have the eshop game and DLC. i don't know how to do what you are requesting.

Do you have a tutorial for me to follow?

Note that i am on 10.1, latest version of Hans.

Last edited by Bowl0l,
D

Deleted User

OP
@AlphaBagel, I have the eshop game and DLC. i don't know how to do what you are requesting.

Do you have a tutorial for me to follow?

Note that i am on 10.1, latest version of Hans.
I'm like 99% sure you can't dump the DLC with braindump (and definitely not with HANS), but I'll try dumping the game anyways to see if it will also dump DLC.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry to bump this thread, but I thought it be better than creating a new thread. First of all I think the DLC should be dumpable because all DLC content is included in the gamedata, it's only activated with the purchase.

But my real reason for posting here is to ask if anyone knows a way to edit the ripped mesh and import it back into the game?!

D

Deleted User

OP
Sorry to bump this thread, but I thought it be better than creating a new thread. First of all I think the DLC should be dumpable because all DLC content is included in the gamedata, it's only activated with the purchase.

But my real reason for posting here is to ask if anyone knows a way to edit the ripped mesh and import it back into the game?!
I don't believe there is a way to do this yet. There was a Facepunch thread where people were trying to rip the models and last I looked at it, they still were having issues with opening the models, so I doubt that it'd be possible to convert them back into the format used by the game yet.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't believe there is a way to do this yet. There was a Facepunch thread where people were trying to rip the models and last I looked at it, they still were having issues with opening the models, so I doubt that it'd be possible to convert them back into the format used by the game yet.
Oh well... Too bad I guess. Though opening the models seems to be possible now though.

Pol74698

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How about now? Is it possible to reimport the extracted models in the game, or to import custom models altogether? I'm asking because we've almost 100%'d Dual Destinies' translation in italian. The only things missing are those damned models (Guilty, Not Guilty, Cross-Examination, Witness Testimony & Unlock Successful)

D

Deleted User

OP
How about now? Is it possible to reimport the extracted models in the game, or to import custom models altogether? I'm asking because we've almost 100%'d Dual Destinies' translation in italian. The only things missing are those damned models (Guilty, Not Guilty, Cross-Examination, Witness Testimony & Unlock Successful)
Last I checked, which was quite a while ago, people were able to extract most models (but not the proper textures) and convert them into other formats. I don't think anyone ever tried re-packing anything and putting them back into the game though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo