Hacking HELP! Totally new at Acekard 2i, how to install on 1.4 dsi?

gunzresident

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of HELLO! im new to this forum and im here to ask for serious aid.

I have just purchased an Acecard 2i but it does not come patched so that it works on 1.4 firmware on dsi! I have been googling around and have heard of a patch that can be downloaded, but i cant seem to find it, NOT even at the official Acekard website.

Ok so heres the deal, i have a new DSI V 1.4 BUT i do also have a DS LITE. From what i have been reading, its possible to update the acekard VIA DSI LITE. Now the question is how do i do that? I havent found a clear tutorial and i have doubts, because some say that the patch comes with a DSI Update and a DSL update. IM confused because some sites say if you are using a DS LITE to update you must ONLY use the DSI UPDATE... other sites say that you must use the DSL Update ONLY!! What is the correct method? i heard that if i dont do it right, the acekard will BRICK
frown.gif
and i dont want that to happen...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH ! I HIGHLY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT
smile.gif

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go Here and download the patch I would suggest This firmware for your acekard (link is somewhere like in the first couple posts) for your acekard 2i its AKAIO much better than the official firmware. So once you download the patch put it somewhere on your acekard like in the DSgames or Homebrew folder and run the patch with your DS Lite when your done put the acekard in your DSI it should show up as some danny phantom game but its the acekard. Now you can do whatever you want with your acekard.

gunzresident

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU VERY MUCH BOXSHOT! THSI IS the kind of guide that i had been looking for
smile.gif

So if i update the acekard through the DS LITE, i use the DSI UPDATE right? not the DSL

gunzresident

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DQScott95 said:
No you use the DSL update thats why you run it on the DSL

GREAT NOW IM CONFUSED AGAIN LOL!! ok but this is what the guide says, QUOTING

"ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds is used to update a single cart, and can be used on the DS Lite, DS Phat and DSi FW =< 1.3. In most cases this is the file you should use because there's less chance of anything going wrong."

"ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds is used to update multiple carts and also unbrick an Acekard previously bricked by either update. This file only runs on the DS Lite or DS Phat."

So that is what the guide says, what should i do? im sorry its just that i want to be real sure before i don anything.

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gunzresident said:
DQScott95 said:

"ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds is used to update a single cart, and can be used on the DS Lite, DS Phat and DSi FW =< 1.3. In most cases this is the file you should use because there's less chance of anything going wrong."

"ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds is used to update multiple carts and also unbrick an Acekard previously bricked by either update. This file only runs on the DS Lite or DS Phat."

So that is what the guide says, what should i do? im sorry its just that i want to be real sure before i don anything.

Just run the DSL update since you will be using it to update anyways But if you want try to update it using the DSi one then go ahead

gunzresident

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Either works. The DSL version is made for batch updates/unbricking. The DSi version is a one card use. Which mean it updates the cart its ran on.

OK so let me get this straight. If i put the DSI UPDATE FILE in my micro sd card and then i put it in my acekard, and then put my acekard in a DS LITE and run it from there (THE DSI UPDATE), everything should be fine?

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gunzresident said:
DQScott95 said:

just follow the guide thats what its there for

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gunzresident said:
BoxShot said:
Either works. The DSL version is made for batch updates/unbricking. The DSi version is a one card use. Which mean it updates the cart its ran on.

OK so let me get this straight. If i put the DSI UPDATE FILE in my micro sd card and then i put it in my acekard, and then put my acekard in a DS LITE and run it from there (THE DSI UPDATE), everything should be fine?

sorry for the double post but yes

Edit:

@BoxShot yea i know exactly what your saying ,but seeing the wiki was updated with that guide it is the more credible source for info (see page 3 of the topic for links to the wiki on it)

gunzresident

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Yes it should be.

Thank you very much then. I will do that as soon as i recieve my acekard! by the way this is the one i purchased, do you think its the real one?

http://www.wiiloveds.com/product-p/acekard-2i.htm

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oy this was even confusing to follow. Just do what BoxShot says as the DSi update file is for single cards while the DSL file is for many cards. The DSi file will update the Acekard that was booted while the DSL will ask you to reinsert another Acekard and allow you to update multiple cards.

gunzresident

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
Oy this was even confusing to follow. Just do what BoxShot says as the DSi update file is for single cards while the DSL file is for many cards. The DSi file will update the Acekard that was booted while the DSL will ask you to reinsert another Acekard and allow you to update multiple cards.

HAHA lol you can imagine how confused i was .. well everything is clearer now so i will just wait for my acekard and i will post if everything went according to plan. THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP! except: Kingofgamesgx! lol jp

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DQScott95 said:
wow kingofgamesgx arnt you just super helpful
Confusing members isn't helpful either.

@kingofgamesgx Hmm never noticed that but eh I don't check out wikis as I got most info in my head. (common questions at least but I'm bad at describing)
biggrin.gif
Will remember that wiki though.

@gunzresident Don't see why it would be fake/clone. Then again I never actually read that someone here bought from there. No problem.
biggrin.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DQScott95 said:
Go Here and download the patch I would suggest This firmware for your acekard (link is somewhere like in the first couple posts) for your acekard 2i its AKAIO much better than the official firmware. So once you download the patch put it somewhere on your acekard like in the DSgames or Homebrew folder and run the patch with your DS Lite when your done put the acekard in your DSI it should show up as some danny phantom game but its the acekard. Now you can do whatever you want with your acekard.

QUOTE(DQScott95 @ Apr 8 2010, 03:32 AM) No you use the DSL update thats why you run it on the DSL

That's BS, and you are linking to the wrong file. gunzresident, Follow the guide to the letter. All the bluescreen update photos in the were taken using a DS Lite, and i've perfromed both updates many times. You should always use the DSi file for the reasons I have already said.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BoxShot said:
@kingofgamesgx Hmm never noticed that but eh I don't check out wikis as I got most info in my head. (common questions at least but I'm bad at describing)
biggrin.gif

It's because I only did a few days ago. Still probably better to refer them to the guide on here until I transfer that over too (going to do a cheat guide first), as n00bs still need to go through the previous steps.

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
DQScott95 said:
wow kingofgamesgx arnt you just super helpful
Confusing members isn't helpful either.

biggrin.gif

@gunzresident Don't see why it would be fake/clone. Then again I never actually read that someone here bought from there. No problem.
biggrin.gif

lol i wouldn't have noticed it either but every day or so i check topic that could have valuable information to make sure im up to date on my information,as if i am gonna try to help a user i wanna make sure the information i have is the most current
smile.gif
(i hang out at a website and i am pretty much the go to person for information)

,also good luck TC and enjoy your AK2i

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu