Hacking help think ive bricked my emunand

cypher007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hello,

i was running my o3ds and gateway 4.2 ultra quite happily on 11.3e emunand, think it was that version defo 11.x.

anyway i had problems with Metroid Fusion eshop not running, which i think did work about 18 months back. so someone with a similar issue was told to try and open it from the official eshop. at this point it wanted to do an update. so i made sure i was in emunand and did an update from there to im guessing 11.13e.

after it had finished i rebooted into sysnand 4.4 then ran the profile trick and gateway screen pops up for what seems slightly longer then black screen with power light stuck on. need to hold the power button to turn off.

is there a fix or am i going to have to format the emunand and start from scratch? ive seen there is some unofficial update for the gateway card but says for 11.7. ive also seen a youtube of someone supposedly running 11.13 on a gateway but doesnt give any info.

Last edited by cypher007,

cypher007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
is there an option that doesnt overwrite the original sysnad? ive backed it up, but would rather use an emu type if possible.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there an option that doesnt overwrite the original sysnad? ive backed it up, but would rather use an emu type if possible.
well. you could look at grabbing the 11.2 firmware files from off the internets and downgrading your emunand to work with gateway. Just install updates for games on the internets

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
ive backed it up, but would rather use an emu type if possible.
1. Why using an emu nand? There is no reason for that iirc atm.
2. Why using an very old entrypoint for *hax? I don't get it.
Gateway is outdated and not longer under development (as i stated before). Install B9S (which is futureproof) because it can't be patched, except nintendo releases a new hardware revision (which will they never do).

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is (maybe) a good reason for using Gateway in this case: How about recovering save data from games used in Gateway mode? (If not already done)

Supposedly there is a possibility to use "latest" version (not really latest: Frankenfirm) on Gateway EmuNAND – eShop still won't work.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-gw3d-11-10-b9s-and-cfw.550040/

It is possible to use EmuNAND with B9S/Luma3DS but it adds complexity and is pretty useless. B9S is always installed on the real NAND chip – no matter if you use Luma3DS on SysNAND or EmuNAND.

Other than nostalgia there is no reason to stay on low firmware version on SysNAND. It limits the possibilities (but installing B9S should be extremely easy).

In any case:

Good luck and have fun!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if i install b9s is there a brick potential if kids accidentally try and remove it?
GodMode9 can brick a 3DS. It allows full access to the NAND including hex-editing the raw data and overwriting the NAND with an "image" made out of random garbage. (After a big red warning asking you to input some randomly generated code)

The only payload you will have after the guide is GodMode9; you can rename SD:/luma/payloads/GodMode9.firm to SD:/luma/payloads/GodMode9.firm_
This will make sure the chainloader does not find any payloads.

B9S increases the resistance to bricks. I should better say: It makes repairing software damage possible. Damage that can occur even on unmodified consoles (rare, but it has happened).

The worst that could happen is the "I (my kids|cousin|spouse|dog) 'accidentally' updated the 3DS and now…"-thing. If Nintendo releases another surprising stability update you should follow the forum for two days. If nobody screams for help updating is fine (like most of the time). In the worst case Luma3DS needs an update (search for "Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch(es)"). Under no circumstances an update with B9S lead to a brick.

Again:
Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: E1ite007

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative