OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I think we should add a help sub-forum to each console section. As of now, all help related topics are posted where ever people want. It's cluttering the sub forums, like homebrew, hacking, news, etc. Most importantly it's creating alot of frustration and hostility between members. Can we make this happen?

And, I still want my elite group and elite section ;)

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Aren't help sections basically the sticky threads?
Even people that follow tutorials still may need individual help. This also doesn't cover posted questions that aren't in the stickies. The fact is, help threads won't stop, but they don't have to be littered everywhere.

D

Deleted User

Bear in mind as well, that the tutorial sections may have a tutorial on the same topic that someone wants to ask a question about. So there's another place to ask stuff (in the respective tuto thread, not as a new thread). However, I do think we should extend the tutorial sections with your idea of the help sub-forum.

Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bear in mind as well, that the tutorial sections may have a tutorial on the same topic that someone wants to ask a question about. So there's another place to ask stuff (in the respective tuto thread, not as a new thread). However, I do think we should extend the tutorial sections with your idea of the help sub-forum.
True. When I was a part of dashHacks, many years ago, most help topics where quickly resolved with links to existing tutorials. But it was nice to have all those redundent questions in one organized place. Any member with a fit of bordem could resolve a page of help topics in no time.

I was in the rxtools thread earlier and saw several quotes where someone was aggravated that they had posted a link to a resource on every page and yet people asked the same question on every page. These topics, if organized, could be easily resolved with copy/pasta.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-