ROM Hack [HELP] SNES VC Decrypting doesn't work

loco365

Trophies
XP
I've been mashing away in VS for the past few days:

UHWRzWy.png

On the topic of extended HiROM, I'll have to look at how the header represents those. I haven't found any games that use it. Right now though, I'm making my program identify the header and read it to give ROM information, and with that information, generate a data.bin FROM SCRATCH. This program isn't anywhere near finished, but between me and moving and school and homework and my job, I've been coding this in what little spare time I have.

I'm going to look and find all the currently-known expansion chip bytes in this thread, although it seems it's only DSP (The one Super Mario Kart uses) that's known so far and has been tested to work. Where I'm at right now is working on finishing reading the ROM data and getting the expansion chip data. All of that is available in the header, and I plan to make use of all of that. ROM data detection seems to be somewhat accurate, although some games (Sound Hopper beta and the SNES Burn-In REV D ROM) seem to make my program shit itself, although I'm working on some fallbacks that the user can try if the ROM detection fails to work.

nemesis87345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
anyone can hel me to inject the icon it show on bottom screen on n3ds?pls anyone helme i have tried for full day
anyone can explaine me how to make an icon for my snes vc ?i have tried all day with 3ds banner maker and ba-GUI-nnertool but in my 3ds bottom screen the icon i have set don't show and there are a blu 3ds icon
anyone can help me pls?

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finally figured out how to skin. Much love for you folks here, and FONZD for his bagina tool.
Check out his guide here: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/threads/release-create-2d-3d-banner-smdh-with-ba-gui-nnertool.406433/

It really helped me when I was stuck.

YDJQqvi.jpg

A couple of things I've learned:

Don't mess with .cias without rebuilding. I kept trying to change the unique ID on the fly. Can't do that.

Banner10.bcmdl is for North America. You really only need to modify one of them, but now that I think about it, I should have made them all identical so that everyone could have the banner.

Reactions: FONZD

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kept trying to change the unique ID on the fly. Can't do that.

Yes you can. I've been using ba-GUI-nner tool to churn out custom SNES VC's like crazy. It's a very simple task to just edit exheader.bin and ncch.header in a hex editor. Change the Unique ID in both of those (and CTR-P-XXXX, whatever that's called) before you hit build and you're good to go.

Just my two cents about this: if you guys are trying to make your own SNES injects, and you're not using @FONZD's spectacular utility, you're really just making more work for yourself. No need to fumble around with BrainDump or a cia converter or anything like that. Besides using Snes Inyector to generate the data.bin, ba-GUI-nner tool does it all.

Last edited by ubergeek77,

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can. I've been using ba-GUI-nner tool to churn out custom SNES VC's like crazy. It's a very simple task to just edit exheader.bin and ncch.header in a hex editor. Change the Unique ID in both of those (and CTR-P-XXXX, whatever that's called) before you hit build and you're good to go.

Just my two cents: if you're trying to make your own SNES injects, and you're not using @FONZD's spectacular utility, you're really just making more work for yourself. Besides using Snes Inyector to generate the data.bin, ba-GUI-nner tool does it all.
I think he means when the CIA is already built

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I actually use 3DS builder alongside ohana and hackpack it works out the same speed or faster since my bat scriptsa re just drag/drop. also instead of hex editing a NCC.Header 3DS Builder will let you set one on the fly .
That and Banner tool doesnt let you compile an already decrypted folder. Still their is a difference between having fast releases and quality releases.

Btw no one ever mentions you CANT edit exheader Title ID too much because it will break title launching, it is very important

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
...That and Banner tool doesnt let you compile an already decrypted folder.
banner tool can't do it but my tool can
Still their is a difference between having fast releases and quality releases.
What qualitative aspect are you talking about ?
Btw no one ever mentions you CANT edit exheader Title ID too much because it will break title launching, it is very important
I have made a Tuto mentionned by @Fugelmir where I give more details

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
banner tool can't do it but my tool can

What qualitative aspect are you talking about ?

I have made a Tuto mentionned by @Fugelmir where I give more details

1: I mean your tool doesnt recompile an already decompiled cia. The build option only appears after you extract it.

2: I wasnt going on about your tool here was just saying there is a noticeable difference between people firing out quick injects than taking their time. Most injects I have genric Banners that only support 1 region and only load one regions console in 3D, use the same Icon.bin as the Banner and dont even try and implement Wav sounds.

3: you tutorial is a vague as asia81's the only thing that has changed is that you highlight less values, nothing to go on about saying that editing these set values too much breaks game loading. For example change .p to dq will break the title loading.

Though I do use your tool for making Icon.bin mainly because sometimes in other tools making the icon file breaking the CIA installing.

I spent 30min trying to install a custom VC i made to have it not load on Menu because the icon even though it was fine didnt want to load. Magically worked after doing through your tool lol

Last edited by izy,

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
...For example change .p to dq will break the title loading.
Just FYI I have made a Dragon Quest 6 injection With this unique ID: 0x06716400 so literally 64 71 06 -> dq. and it's working...
In fact for New 3ds users you can edit 5 digits
ex: SMW use 0E 70 0F and so you can change it to 11 11 01 (not the red one)

Last edited by FONZD,
Reactions: ChrisTR

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just FYI I have made a Dragon Quest 6 injection With this unique ID: 0x06716400 so literally 64 71 06 -> dq. and it's working...
yeah i noticed editing the red one breaks detecting as a 3DS APP

and yeah strange that it worked for you I resorted to using f641600 which is just replacing p with D, could be i occidentally overwrote the red value making it .dq either at least if that's the case I know what's breaking on hex edit.
Saying that this was at the same time i was making Icon.bin and it it kept magically breaking cia

still made a top tier icon
28a6450e7baa75f0ee32714bdcaa91b4.png

Reactions: Azel

ChrisTR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Thanks dude finally i managed to edit successfully the id

EDIT: i finish the vcs thanks again man.

Last edited by ChrisTR,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc?si=detAUm1a27hi4uTP