ROM Hack [HELP] SNES VC Decrypting doesn't work

3DxMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay then I'll see what I can do tomorrow. :)
I suggest you send me a PM in 9 hours to let you know what happened.
good deal if you would like come visit my thread over on that ISO Site
me and a few others have some great converts up
come check them out. (:

I go by ryanHOe over there.

Last edited by 3DxMan,
Reactions: Fugelmir

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, hopefully I got here my answers that I need^^

I tried to inject the game "Mystic Quest Legend". The language here is German. I tried it with *.smc and *sfc (at *.smc, I got the Header problem (can't found)). After all the steps, I created the cia and tried to play but the only thing I see is a blackscreen and the message, That the 3DS needs to be restarted. What did I wrong here? (I selected at the banner.bcmdl the third one for German and it doesn't help)

-edit-

something is wrong with my banner.bin and icon.bin. If i change them, my game won't start. If I don't change the banner and icon.bin, the game runs

Last edited by Justin20020,

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
the decrypted wiiU files i may be able to compare some of the code and modify it and if its the same then
we have our selfs a working sa1 3ds vc :D

I tried it some time ago and don't work, using the config of wiiu emulator game on the 3ds emulator don't crash but the game don't work. I maked also a wiiu to 3ds converter and the only game with special chip I loaded well is Super Street Fighter Alpha 2 (S-DD1) but with little graphic glich.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone been successful at getting Star Ocean (SNES) to work?

No. Exhirom. But thankfully the psp has the best version. Tales of Phantasia isn't a big deal either because of how superior the ps1 version was. It would be nice to have those, but no big loss.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
does zelda parallel worlds (and the remodel) have any special things that wouldn't make it work? that would be cool to play on 3ds once i finish lltp :)

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does zelda parallel worlds (and the remodel) have any special things that wouldn't make it work? that would be cool to play on 3ds once i finish lltp :)

I injected Parallel worlds, check that iso site. Some satelliview games are pretty tricky and slowrom is sometimes not compatible. But I think every Zelda game and rom hack work 100%

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I injected Parallel worlds, check that iso site. Some satelliview games are pretty tricky and slowrom is sometimes not compatible. But I think every Zelda game and rom hack work 100%
cool thanks for sharing! did you make it nice with the banner and cool cover so it looks 'official' etc? not a big problem if not, just curious

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cool thanks for sharing! did you make it nice with the banner and cool cover so it looks 'official' etc? not a big problem if not, just curious

It has the cover. I don't do official looking VC because i think they look like absolute trash.

Mine tend to look like this:

7juwTbZ.png

Reactions: CatmanFan and cearp

B.K.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to inject Star Ocean into Street Fighter Alpha 2, since they both use the S-DD1 chip?

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way to inject Star Ocean into Street Fighter Alpha 2, since they both use the S-DD1 chip?

The rom is too large.

Weirdly enough, the PSVita's retroarch "SNES 2005" core runs most snes games perfectly. Most notably:

Dragon Quest 3, Illusion of Gaia, Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean, Rendering Ranger, Fire Emblem 4 (Naga's awesome new 8mb translation), Super Mario RPG

All run perfectly @rocksolid 60fps

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
You kinda bumped this thread because it wasn't updated since July.

Also, on an unrelated note, any SNES game should run at very real 60fps except SA-1 games, Super FX games and games that are too large. Star Ocean included just as @Fugelmir said.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

nmagod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Exhirom. But thankfully the psp has the best version.

Wrong. The original version is vastly better overall. The PSP port took the story of Star Ocean and dumped it into the shitty SO2 engine adaptation they put on the system. There's no ambiance, there's no atmosphere to the game.

That being said, the Snes9x emulator for 3DS plays it perfectly. I'm disappointed that it can't be injected, but not surprised.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr