Official senpai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
EDIT: SOLVED THANKS TO @andytjm

Here's the solution if that ever happens to anyone:
-In your Nintendo 3DS folder, there are 2 folders which names are a bunch of random numbers and letters. The biggest one is the backup one with all the games.
-Inside this big folder, there may have once again several folders (I had 3 folders because I tried to reinstall my EmuNAND twice, but you may have a different number of folders here). The biggest one contains all your games, and the most recent one is linked to your EmuNAND. So you just have to move the files from the biggest one to the most recent one.

Hello everybody! Today I set up an EmuNAND on my little sister's 2DS.
Here's exactly what I did:
-I made a full backup of her SD card (including her Nintendo 3DS folder).
-I made a backup of her SysNAND, copied it on my PC, and formatted the EmuNAND using GW's launcher.
-I unlinked the NANDs by formatting the SysNAND.
-I made sure that her EmuNAND was the same as her original SysNAND (I even tried injecting the NAND backup on the EmuNAND).
-I then put back the Nintendo 3DS folder on her SD card, and I was surprised to see that all the applications she had on her home menu did not show up in the EmuNAND, so I tried opening them through mashers' HB launcher (I had this problem once, but that was when I changed my EmuNAND's region), but even here nothing appeared.

I tried restoring her NAND backup to SysNAND but it still didn't work.

Help me, GBATemp Kenobi! You're my only hope.

She had 300+ hours on her Pokémon save and now she's yelling at me because I destroyed her save... What can I do?

Last edited by UraKn0x,
Reactions: asboy

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everybody! Today I set up an EmuNAND on my little sister's 2DS.
Here's exactly what I did:
-I made a full backup of her SD card (including her Nintendo 3DS folder).
-I made a backup of her SysNAND, copied it on my PC, and formatted the EmuNAND using GW's launcher.
-I unlinked the NANDs by formatting the SysNAND.
-I made sure that her EmuNAND was the same as her original SysNAND (I even tried injecting the NAND backup on the EmuNAND).
-I then put back the Nintendo 3DS folder on her SD card, and I was surprised to see that all the applications she had on her home menu did not show up in the EmuNAND, so I tried opening them through mashers' HB launcher (I had this problem once, but that was when I changed my EmuNAND's region), but even here nothing appeared.

I tried restoring her NAND backup to SysNAND but it still didn't work.

Help me, GBATemp Kenobi! You're my only hope.

She had 300+ hours on her Pokémon save and now she's yelling at me because I destroyed her save... What can I do?
Delete the Nintendo 3DS folder, and copy it over again from the backup.

andytjm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had this problem. Check if the folder with all the letters and numbers has created a new folder inside with lots of letters and numbers. If there is two change your original one to the new one. Make sure you backup first just in case.

Reactions: asboy and UraKn0x

UraKn0x

Official senpai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You have probably left the SD card inserted when you formatted sysnand, making all the data sysnand-related unusable
Nope, I am sure I ejected the SD card before formetting, and even if I kept it inside the 2DS the backup should work...

UraKn0x

Official senpai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had this problem. Check if the folder with all the letters and numbers has created a new folder inside with lots of letters and numbers. If there is two change your original one to the new one. Make sure you backup first just in case.
Woah, thanks a lot! It worked! You saved my life here xD

Reactions: asboy

asboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: I figured it out. I did what you said backwards at first then did it the right way, deleted a junk file in the emunand system settings then everything popped back up again. Thank you so much for this!

Last edited by asboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Same
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    oh cool, I saw Space Invaders on that Nintendo Syl :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent
    +1
    What Network is it on? I wanna see what you guys are talking about. N What time frame is it on? :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's Amazon prime
    Cool. I got Prime
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    prime deez nuts
    okies :D put 'em here :O
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The mutated Axolotl was awesome
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bet you don't pirate game either
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They really wanna get the head
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    legit nobody irl knows I'm trans(it hasn't been long enough yet)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Be really careful out there. There are people who use trans people to their advantage, and its really sad in general. :(
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Bunjolio, Online.