Help request - Applications disappeared after setting EmuNAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by UraKn0x, Feb 16, 2016.

1. UraKn0x
    OP

UraKn0x Official senpai

Mar 20, 2014
    France
    EDIT: SOLVED THANKS TO @andytjm

Here's the solution if that ever happens to anyone:
    -In your Nintendo 3DS folder, there are 2 folders which names are a bunch of random numbers and letters. The biggest one is the backup one with all the games.
    -Inside this big folder, there may have once again several folders (I had 3 folders because I tried to reinstall my EmuNAND twice, but you may have a different number of folders here). The biggest one contains all your games, and the most recent one is linked to your EmuNAND. So you just have to move the files from the biggest one to the most recent one.

Hello everybody! Today I set up an EmuNAND on my little sister's 2DS.
    Here's exactly what I did:
    -I made a full backup of her SD card (including her Nintendo 3DS folder).
    -I made a backup of her SysNAND, copied it on my PC, and formatted the EmuNAND using GW's launcher.
    -I unlinked the NANDs by formatting the SysNAND.
    -I made sure that her EmuNAND was the same as her original SysNAND (I even tried injecting the NAND backup on the EmuNAND).
    -I then put back the Nintendo 3DS folder on her SD card, and I was surprised to see that all the applications she had on her home menu did not show up in the EmuNAND, so I tried opening them through mashers' HB launcher (I had this problem once, but that was when I changed my EmuNAND's region), but even here nothing appeared.

I tried restoring her NAND backup to SysNAND but it still didn't work.

Help me, GBATemp Kenobi! You're my only hope.

She had 300+ hours on her Pokémon save and now she's yelling at me because I destroyed her save... What can I do?

Last edited by UraKn0x, Feb 16, 2016
    asboy likes this.
  2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Delete the Nintendo 3DS folder, and copy it over again from the backup.

3. UraKn0x
    OP

UraKn0x Official senpai

Mar 20, 2014
    France
    I'm trying that now, I'll report here if it works (or not). In any case, thanks!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Aaaaaand... Still nothing... :'(

4. ketal

ketal aiueo

Aug 20, 2015
    Italy
    You have probably left the SD card inserted when you formatted sysnand, making all the data sysnand-related unusable

mario6714 likes this.
  5. andytjm

andytjm Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I had this problem. Check if the folder with all the letters and numbers has created a new folder inside with lots of letters and numbers. If there is two change your original one to the new one. Make sure you backup first just in case.

asboy and UraKn0x like this.
  6. UraKn0x
    OP

UraKn0x Official senpai

Mar 20, 2014
    France
    Nope, I am sure I ejected the SD card before formetting, and even if I kept it inside the 2DS the backup should work...

7. ketal

ketal aiueo

Aug 20, 2015
    Italy
    I don't think so, because it gets invalidated somehow. I might be wrong though

8. UraKn0x
    OP

UraKn0x Official senpai

Mar 20, 2014
    France
    Woah, thanks a lot! It worked! You saved my life here xD

asboy likes this.
  9. andytjm

andytjm Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2009
    United Kingdom
    No problem. It took me about a week to work out the answer when I lost all my stuff.

10. asboy

asboy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2007
    United States
    EDIT: I figured it out. I did what you said backwards at first then did it the right way, deleted a junk file in the emunand system settings then everything popped back up again. Thank you so much for this!

Last edited by asboy, Feb 25, 2016