Help regarding wudump files please?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Game93, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Game93
    OP

Game93 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2017
    United States
    Hey everyone, sorry to post a new topic about this but I'm stuck and need some assistance. I used wudump to dump one of my Wii U games to test it out, and I was able to get the 12 WUD files into a single WUD file, here is where I'm stuck. Obviously when you dump a game, it also dumps the common key and the game key, my issue is the file types are "Registration Entries". I have no way to get these keys for use with Cemu. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, has anyone found a solution? I posted about this in the wudump thread but that didn't get me anywhere. Thanks to anyone who can help out, I really appreciate it.

2. nexusmtz

nexusmtz GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Open them in a hex editor like HxD and copy the hex characters into CEMU's keys.txt

If you can't find HxD, try this if you're on Windows 10:
    WUDump gives you the keys in binary form. CEMU wants the hex character representations of those bytes.

Game93 likes this.
  3. Game93
    OP

Game93 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2017
    United States
    Thank you so much, it worked! I didn't try HxD since I am on Windows 10, but the command prompt worked like a charm. Thank you for saving me a lot of grief and aggravation lol, much appreciated!

nexusmtz likes this.