ROM Hack Help recovering old save files from missing 3DS onto new one

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,832
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Haven't been following the 3DS scene really so decided to tread through the depths of the 3DS forum and ask my question here. I'll list the background info and details of my problem below,

- I lost my 3DS and submitted a police report to call Nintendo and get my digital games back
- Because I lost my 3DS, I also don't have the SD card with all my digital games/digital save files
- I made a backup of my entire 3DS SD card a couple months prior

8f29f68e71.png

- I plan on purchasing a new NEW 3DS and getting the digital game licenses transferred by Nintendo

Once Nintendo transfers the licenses for all the digital stuff, is there any way for me to copy these save files from the backup I've made back on to the system? I know that they're encrypted on a system-by-system basis but I'm desperate for any sort of workaround/tools that I could use to recover these important save files.

For some games, I've used the Save Data Backup feature but not for all.
backup-1.png

If I won't be able to recover save files from the backup, will I at least be able to recover saves made using the Save-Data Backup feature?

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Did you try to extract the save with savedatafiler?

err, my 3ds isnt hacked or anything.

dont really know what savedatafiler is anyways or how i would install it on a hypothetical new 3ds

D

Deleted-19228

OP
Save Data backup only allows you to recover onto your current system. There's a flag in NAND for digital game saves. Digital games in general are fail, I would recommend in the future not to use them. Too many people have lost their saves due to the way Nintendo decided to handle it. Physical cart + PowerSaves is the way to go.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Save Data backup only allows you to recover onto your current system. There's a flag in NAND for digital game saves. Digital games in general are fail, I would recommend in the future not to use them. Too many people have lost their saves due to the way Nintendo decided to handle it. Physical cart + PowerSaves is the way to go.

lesson learned i guess but so essentially im fucked? all those saves are irrecoverable?

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lesson learned i guess but so essentially im fucked? all those saves are irrecoverable?

Well the issue is the saves are encrypted with a key unique to each NAND (actually not even each NAND, each System Format on each NAND)

I can't see any feasible way that doesn't involve hacks. Even with hacks, while possible, it would be very difficult :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...