Hacking Help plz! Weird wii (installed channel not working)

cienmey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I have been installed gamma launcher on about 10 wiis of my friends. But today I found 1 wii that make me very confused.
sad.gif

Originally this wii using fake wiikey (i think) and Japan version. So I changed it to US using anyregion changer and installed 3.2 U system menu.
Then I tested it, it doesn't work wii disc channel (even though i have turn off wii region free setting on wiikey). I check the modchip it was broken (some point looked burned), so i take out the wiikey. Original US disc is working. Then I installed Gamma backup launcher wad using wadmanager 1.3. It installed OK but when i start the channel it always go back to system menu. I tried installed usb loader channel too, it is just the same... But if I run backup launcher from HBC it works fine reading backup game flawlessly....

Can anyone help? IS there something i did wrong?
Thank u

PROBLEM SOLVED
I finally install wiikey and then i try update the wii with wii music to 3.3. And magically the gamma launcher working. Still don't know what cause it though.
smile.gif

Thank u everyone

cienmey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank u for fast response

I have tried cios 8 and 10 still no luck. I forgot to mention I have already installed starfall, ios51 and shop channel.

Sorry for triple post (my internet connection was so bad)

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you aren't using forwarder channels? if so you need certain boot.dol's in certain named folders on your sd card otherwise the channels won't work. it's for ease of updating so you don't have to repack a channel every revision in case you're wondering "why would someone forward a channel to a file on the sd card?"

cienmey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I'm not using forwarder. I use same wad for other wii and it work flawlessly as a channel. Only one wii have this problem.
Very-very confusing....
wacko.gif

Thank u

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.