Hacking help picking a mod chip :-)

canuckcub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so about a year and a half ago i bricked my wii with a wad which had a larger small channel image then the wii allowed so i could only get to the safety screen and no further. this was before bootmii and all that fun stuff. so i bought myself a 360 and let my wii die in a dusty grave.

But I am going to atemp to bring her back from the dead. I doubt that my twilight hack is in the saved files. so i just need help picking a modchip ... keep in mind ive never really soldered but im sure i can figure it out i just dont want to if i dont have to.

basicly i want to wipe my wii clean and fix it all up :-D

Parablank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
canuckcub said:
so about a year and a half ago i bricked my wii with a wad which had a larger small channel image then the wii allowed so i could only get to the safety screen and no further. this was before bootmii and all that fun stuff. so i bought myself a 360 and let my wii die in a dusty grave.

But I am going to atemp to bring her back from the dead. I doubt that my twilight hack is in the saved files. so i just need help picking a modchip ... keep in mind ive never really soldered but im sure i can figure it out i just dont want to if i dont have to.

basicly i want to wipe my wii clean and fix it all up :-D
Do you have BootMii? You could unbrick using it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You know that a modchip only helps in about 5% of actual happening bricks? Maybe you have a misconception on what a modchip does, on a wii it just makes a DVD-R being recognised as if it was a retail disc. A pressed retail disc that would have homebrew on it wouldn't be booted by most Wiis, because it would be unsigned and considered "unsafe" because of it.

canuckcub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm like i said this was before bootmii and i do understand what a modchip does, if i could boot directly to hombrew channel or boot a remove wad program i could get rid of the bad wad. i thought a modchip could boot directly to hombrew channel if need be

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you have system menu 3.3 or higher, you NEED to have patched IOS installed, or the modchip can't boot homebrew.

canuckcub

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 3.4 ... so if i put a mod chip in then us Savemiifree and Wii BackUp Disk v1.31 i cant delete everything off the stupid thing ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: