Hacking Help patching Wii de Asobu Metroid Prime to English?

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
I was wondering what do I have to do to patch the Japanese New Play Control Metroid Prime to English. Do I need a special patch? Or is it enough to change the default language of the ISO with a tool?

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
wii_128 said:
I was wondering what do I have to do to patch the Japanese New Play Control Metroid Prime to English. Do I need a special patch? Or is it enough to change the default language of the ISO with a tool?

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
I googled Metroid wii ppf and I found it! Thanks
laugh.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
All you need to do is to switch ENGL and JAPN with a hexeditor in the main.dol and 1 or 2 of the other .dols. If you want to patch to another language, switch JAPN and the characters for the other language. You need to patch the .dols before burning, an on the fly patch doesn't work, because it's not only the main.dol that has to be changed.

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
Call me ignorant but may I ask what's so special about this version as opposed to the oh let's say, English version?

edit:
Never mind, I get it. It hasn't been released yet.
First I thought it was Metroid Prime 3 but when I googled I noticed "de Asobu" stands for New Play Control.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Yay it works
smile.gif
I have a question though. When I start a new game half of the screen turns green. I heard that this has to do with IOS fake signing. I'm on Wanin 4.0 system right now, what do I need to install to make the IOSes fake-signable
wink2.gif
?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wii_128 said:
Yay it works
smile.gif
I have a question though. When I start a new game half of the screen turns green. I heard that this has to do with IOS fake signing. I'm on Wanin 4.0 system right now, what do I need to install to make the IOSes fake-signable
wink2.gif
?

1. You need to play the game from disc, it's not compatible AT ALL with usb loaders at the moment
2. You need to patch the game to use IOS249, or have cioscorp installed, or else you get the result you described.
(if you have a modchip, then indeed, you need the fakesiging bug in your IOS to get the game to work, but patching to IOS249 would work too for you)

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
I've downloaded it, Brick Blocked it and patched it to IOS249 but it still brings me back to BootMii and the System Menu. However, it does access the DVD for a bit longer before it crashes. I have a PAL Wiikey Wii running Waninkoko's 4.0 firmware and can run Trucha Signed discs without a problem. Is BootMii causing a problem do you think..?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Game patched to IOS249, modchip... hmm do you have an IOS249? If not the game will reboot at that specific point.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How to check:
With AnyTitleDeleter, WAD Manager and SoftChip, pretty obvious how to check with these applications, once they are started

How to install:
Install a cIOS(rev 7 or later), which one should not matter for you. cIOS are always installed as IOS249 if nothing different is stated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?