Hacking Help On Picking Out New FC

Project_Zero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok currently i have an M3 Simply DS and an EZ Flash V 3in1 (slot2 lite) and its okay but i think that the slot is damaged and that the M3Simply DS is no longer making updates....

so my question is that i have tons o cash and am wondering what is the best Slot 1&2 combo i can get with lots of compatability on both NDS and GBA as well as homebrew (ie: Emulators and Web Browser)

I really want to know so that by Christmas i can be 1337 h4x mastur. But seriously i want to be in good NDS Lite know how. so please post which is best Slot 1 and Best Slot 2 combo.

Amici

ex trey, city skull, am I are?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Get the Cyclo for Slot 1. Dunno much about Slot 2 but I heard the EZ flash 3-in-1 is good
smile.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DocL16 is correct.
If money is no issue, the Cyclo is definitely what you want,
and it is competely compatable with your current slot-2 device.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The CycloDS is a great card, but if you don't care about game state saves and other seldom-used "advanced" features, save your money for college and get an Acekard 2.

-Bri

Project_Zero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
The CycloDS is a great card, but if you don't care about game state saves and other seldom-used "advanced" features, save your money for college and get an Acekard 2.

-Bri

Ok but whoa whoa whoa how did you know im saving up for college?

another thing my ev flash 3in1 slot2 is dead somehow.... i dont know if its internal battery or if im doing something wrong but i need a new slot2 can any1 let me know whats best for it?

also what is the Acekard2? nvm im gonna google it.

thanks all of you for the suggestions.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Project_Zero said:
Bri said:

-Bri

another thing my ev flash 3in1 slot2 is dead somehow.... i dont know if its internal battery or if im doing something wrong but i need a new slot2 can any1 let me know whats best for it?

Probably the battery, a quick 4 dollar fix. Just open er up, tear out the battery from the prongs that are soldered on to it, head to Radio shack and replace the battery. I just used electrical tape to put it back between the prongs so I didn't have to unsolder and resolder that battery. I'm lazy like that. It's a CR1230 I believe.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Project_Zero said:

I cannot give away all my secrets!

QUOTE said:

The EZFlash 3-in-1 is generally considered the best slot 2 GBA expansion cart, and it's not terribly expensive.

The Acekard 2 has one of the best menu systems of any flash cart (including the CycloDS) and also happens to be very reasonably priced. It doesn't have game state saves (also called "real time saves" or "RTS"), so if you're really keen on that feature and feel that it's worth the extra cost, you may still want to consider the CycloDS. In case you don't know, every flash cart lets you save games just as you would with a game cartridge -- RTS just lets you make a dump of the DS's memory (i.e. the state of a running game) to a file on your microSD card at any time during the game.

Dealextreme.com has the Acekard 2 for $12.84 with a microSDHC reader and free shipping but make sure you allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery to the U.S.: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811

-Bri

Project_Zero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
Project_Zero said:

I cannot give away all my secrets!

QUOTE said:

The EZFlash 3-in-1 is generally considered the best slot 2 GBA expansion cart, and it's not terribly expensive.

The Acekard 2 has one of the best menu systems of any flash cart (including the CycloDS) and also happens to be very reasonably priced. It doesn't have game state saves (also called "real time saves" or "RTS"), so if you're really keen on that feature and feel that it's worth the extra cost, you may still want to consider the CycloDS. In case you don't know, every flash cart lets you save games just as you would with a game cartridge -- RTS just lets you make a dump of the DS's memory (i.e. the state of a running game) to a file on your microSD card at any time during the game.

Dealextreme.com has the Acekard 2 for $12.84 with a microSDHC reader and free shipping but make sure you allow 2 to 3 weeks for delivery to the U.S.: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811

-Bri

hmmmm ok well im getting a CycloDS it looks good. and im gonna fix my slot 2 right now! (wish me luck)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1