Help on getting a new flashcart!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by vempire, Nov 10, 2010.

Nov 10, 2010
  1. vempire
    OP

Newcomer vempire Member

Portugal
    Hi everyone. I'm interested in getting a new flashcart, since i have M3i Zero and I'm not happy with the M3 team. They seem dead, the software has bugs...
    Anyway, I would like to have some advices and opinions on what cart should I get. Also I'm going to give my girlfriend a pink DSi for Christmas, and get her a cart along with the console. And I don't want to buy one that seems dead. Give some advices please.

Thanks in advance. [​IMG]

2. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    best cart right now is the dstwo, you can play any game you want while laughing at people scrambling for AP fix and firmware updates

3. qwertymodo

Member qwertymodo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Basically, it all depends on how much you're willing to pay.

For ~$5 (+memory)
    Get a LEGITIMATE R4. The one sold at ShopTemp is a legit 1:1 clone that can run Wood R4. Don't even bother with anything but the original (no R4i/R4+/R4 Gold/etc.)

What you get:
    NOT compatible with the DSi

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Here's my copy-paste on it.

You have three choices for carts that have proper support/updates.
    [*]The original R4.
    NOT "R4-III Upgrade", NOT "R4-SDHC", NOT "R4i", NOT "R4 Gold", NOT "R4 Red", NOT "R4 King"...
    NOT ANYTHING ELSE WITH "R4" IN THE NAME! JUST "R4 Revolution".
    • Price: $6 from shoptemp.com
    • Advantages: Can use Wood R4, giving it compatibility with modern games.
    • Disadvantages: No DSi support, limited to memory cards 2GB and lower, no special features.
    • Rank: The cheap card for somebody that just wants to play some games on a DS/Lite.
    [*]Acekard 2i
    • Price: $15 from shoptemp.com
    • Advantages: Can use AKAIO, giving it compatibility with modern games. Can update itself and cheats over wifi, supports the DSi/XL, and supports memory cards up to 32GB.
    • Disadvantages: Can't do any of the special stuff the DSTwo can.
    • Rank: Mid-range card for people that want to play lots of games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.
    [*]Supercard DSTwo
    • Price: $35 from shoptemp.com
    • Advantages: Supports the DSi/XL, can update itself even if the DSi won't run it, supports memory cards up to 32GB, real-time save (save states), in-game guide (show text and images from walkthroughs without having to reset the game), "free cheat" which lets you modify memory while the game is running, GBA and SNES emulator, slow motion, and more.
    • Disadvantages: The onboard processor and such means it eats into your battery life a bit.

5. vempire
    OP

Newcomer vempire Member

Portugal
    Thank you guys for all your advices. Supercard DSTwo it is. [​IMG]

6. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    For the DSi, Acekard 2i and DSTWO are arguably the best cards to pick. It all depends on how much you're willing to pay. And the DSTWO because of it's extra processor, using some stuff chews through battery life.