Hacking Help on getting a new flashcart!

vempire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone. I'm interested in getting a new flashcart, since i have M3i Zero and I'm not happy with the M3 team. They seem dead, the software has bugs...
Anyway, I would like to have some advices and opinions on what cart should I get. Also I'm going to give my girlfriend a pink DSi for Christmas, and get her a cart along with the console. And I don't want to buy one that seems dead. Give some advices please.

Thanks in advance.
gbasp.gif

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Basically, it all depends on how much you're willing to pay.

For ~$5 (+memory)
Get a LEGITIMATE R4. The one sold at ShopTemp is a legit 1:1 clone that can run Wood R4. Don't even bother with anything but the original (no R4i/R4+/R4 Gold/etc.)

What you get:
NOT compatible with the DSi

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Here's my copy-paste on it.

You have three choices for carts that have proper support/updates.
[*]The original R4.
NOT "R4-III Upgrade", NOT "R4-SDHC", NOT "R4i", NOT "R4 Gold", NOT "R4 Red", NOT "R4 King"...
NOT ANYTHING ELSE WITH "R4" IN THE NAME! JUST "R4 Revolution".
  • Price: $6 from shoptemp.com
  • Advantages: Can use Wood R4, giving it compatibility with modern games.
  • Disadvantages: No DSi support, limited to memory cards 2GB and lower, no special features.
  • Rank: The cheap card for somebody that just wants to play some games on a DS/Lite.
[*]Acekard 2i
  • Price: $15 from shoptemp.com
  • Advantages: Can use AKAIO, giving it compatibility with modern games. Can update itself and cheats over wifi, supports the DSi/XL, and supports memory cards up to 32GB.
  • Disadvantages: Can't do any of the special stuff the DSTwo can.
  • Rank: Mid-range card for people that want to play lots of games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.
[*]Supercard DSTwo
  • Price: $35 from shoptemp.com
  • Advantages: Supports the DSi/XL, can update itself even if the DSi won't run it, supports memory cards up to 32GB, real-time save (save states), in-game guide (show text and images from walkthroughs without having to reset the game), "free cheat" which lets you modify memory while the game is running, GBA and SNES emulator, slow motion, and more.
  • Disadvantages: The onboard processor and such means it eats into your battery life a bit.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the DSi, Acekard 2i and DSTWO are arguably the best cards to pick. It all depends on how much you're willing to pay. And the DSTWO because of it's extra processor, using some stuff chews through battery life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1