flyod rose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello people,

i bought my daughter a nintendo wii pre chipped 3 months ago.she was really enjoying it but a week ago she said she inserted a game disk given by her friend and the wii stopped working.

that was her part.then i researched a bit and came to know the following things

1>it has a wiitop modchip installed with korean setting on the jumper
2>it is banner bricked as there is blank screen after health warning screen
3>i used savemefrii and it booted to rescue screen with firmware 3.3(kor) at the bottom.
4>i tried rescue discs to game discs but nothing worked......the disc will spin for about 30 sec and stops....i even tried to update firmware to 3.4 by using fifa 10 dvd but no luck

sorry but i searched for about a week to resolve it but nothing helped.

i didnt tried modding it as my daughter was happy with what she got.so it has no tp hack,no HBC,no bootmii.....nothing
it is just a korean wii with wiitop modchip on it and nothing else.i can go through a very tricky and complex process as i cant send it to nintendo as i am outside US now.also i am familiar with both software & hardware mod .

also somewhere i read that 3.3 without tp hack cannot be unbricked.is it true?if so will reflashing NAND help?
help my daughter is killing me
unsure.gif

flyod rose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i am sure it is banner bricked. my daughters friend downloaded her a game and burned it but dont know which region.i guess it auto updated the wad giving the black screen after i press a at the health screen.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
set the modchip to autoboot whatever you stick in there. then get a DVD with either wad manager, homebrew channel, any title deleter, ect and you wil be able to use one of the above to delete whatever you think the malformed banner is. you can also get a DVD set to boot the wii menu right to the settings and delete shit from there. just dont delete anything other than the 00010001 stuff if you go the ATD route.

flyod rose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks giantpune.
but i dont know how to put wiitop modchip in autoboot mode.it says it will autoboot everything but whenever i put any games dvd it does not boot.same with the unbrick discs

also the firmware is 3.3 so there is no turcha bug
will it effect anyway

skk-depth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiitop seems to be wasabi clone, but don't know which version. You could try to go into configuration mode and enable autoboot from there. For WasabiDX you go into config mode when resetting console and pressing 3 times eject. Otherwise if i's different, then you need to find out how to reach wiitop config menu and enable autobot.

flyod rose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@skk-depth
sorry for late reply but i gave up using wii top and ordered a new autoboot enabled drive key........now my situation is

1>i have 3.3(kor) firmware
2>i have a autobooting drivekey
3>my wii is banner bricked
4>sorry,but no soft mod at all.ie my wii's ios are as is when shipped

so can i have a easy route to unbanner brick it
rolleyes.gif

ive been tellin my daughter that the wii is not working because temperature is very low(winter)

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Its unlikely to be a banner brick as most likely it was an out of region disc that required an update that was inserted into your Korean Wii. That means it would be a semi brick.
An autobootable AnyRegion Changer ISO is what you need. What was the disc that caused the brick? It could be that it has updated even beyond 3.4 so this route might not work. Depending on what the disc was that caused the problem an original Korean disc with firmware even higher would resolve the problem (if such a disc existed at that point in time).

flyod rose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry but i dont have another wii to see what game is it as i cannot read it from my pc and the girl that burned her the disk has already deleted the iso image....poor me!!!!!!
@ocdetective
in the recovery screen it shows 3.3(kor) so i guess it hasnt updated any further
also can you suggest me any game with firmware higher than 3.3 for korea....i cannot find it on the google...
i guess this will fix my wii

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The custom autoboot Discs won't help you because 3.3 got the Trucha Bug fixed i think. So you need an original korean game.
Next time better install Bootmii or Priiloader (active Update-Blocker).

Since you haven't got a Nand Backup/Keys the Nand restore thing is not possible.

Your only chance would be if you already have the Twilight Hack installed on your Wii, else there is no possibility to run homebrew, i guess.
Without homebrew you are screwed.

If you don't get a korean game with SM > 3.3 your Wii is (full-)bricked, and even then you can't be sure that it works.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
A korean game with an update higher than 3.3 might help... You need to go into recovery mode and update from that said disc.

Though this is just an optimistic assumption since the korean semi-brick is a bit different in appearance compared to pal or ntsc...

I got a similar bricked wii from a friend a year ago but at that time there were no korean games that got 3.4 or higher updates.. So solution above is not tested, I'm not sure if it would work...

Find kavid in this forum, he is a very knowledgeable man about these korean wiis...

ps: Even unmodified autoboot NTSC-J Zelda didn't boot on that specific wii... I think it boots on a healthy korean wii...

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Mario and Sonic at the Vancouver Winter Olympics Games might be your best bet as it was only released in Korea in November last year.

flyod rose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant fing korean wii games anywhere
any place where i can buy it or download it

for download link:mail [email protected] or pm

is there any way i could inject korean wii firmware in a region changed usa game iso.i have lots of usa game iso's but cant fing even one korean games

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If you are on 3.3 v2 you will have to use an original game not a backup so downloading will not probably not be an option. If you cant find that game try Wii Music - Wii_Music_KOR_WII-SQUARE (for a downloadable version) that was released around the same time.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking that you where updated from an out of region game, not your system menu, but perhaps your region select. Now you are stuck halfway region changed and your korean key is screwing everything up.

Try to update to a 3.4u or 3.4e game disk. It would be good to know what region the disk was, then try to go to that region.

The only thing that does not add up, is that the system menu was not updated, so the disk must have been less the 3.3. Now a 3.1 update will not brick a korean wii, this is the first step to region change it, via mario kart in most guides.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

No chance your girls friends tried to region change it? That is a good way to end up in your situation.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ohhh... that's a difficult situation...

What about the trick involving filling up the system memory, then using Rabbids Go Home Disc to access the Data management Screen?

This should work, since the chip is region free.

Do you have any idea how much free space is left on the Wii?

So... maybe try this:
Acquire some games that have a very big savefile, and run them all via autoboot.
Make a savefile for each game, which takes up more space.
Maybe even try installing channels from discs, like Mario Kart Channel, and Wii Fit Channel to fill up more space.

Then after you think it's full, Run Rabbids Go Home and install it's channel, and if your Wii doesn't have enough free space left, the System Menu will load and skip the main wii menu, and go straight to data management, where you can install twilight hack latest version and indiana pwns exploits, and get homebrew up and running from there.

Give it a shot. You may have to "get" quite a few games to fill up the space though. Super Smash Bros and LEGO indiana Jones 2 have very big save files. There are 3 different versions of these 2 games, one for each region, meaning 6 big savefiles total if you get all versions of these 2 games working via autoboot.

Tell us if you get that working.

flyod rose

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys
yes i too think its half region changed...
first the health and warning screen used to come in korean but after bricking it is comming in english
and the game was most probably Rock'n'Roll Adventures....
excl.gif
excl.gif

@mauifrog
and i think korean wiis are hard to region change as it lacks certain ios's and with a bricked wii its even harder (or impossible!!!!!!!
huh.gif
). if you could guide me id be happy to try it too...i really need it working !!
@da_letter_a
i think ill try that one
thanks and ill tell what happens

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try to fill the nand. If you do make your way to data management, install indiana pwns while your there.
The first thing you should do is bannerbomb- Anyregion changer mod06 for 4.1 by qk

don't do anything but gather information at first. Check ARC and see if all of the settings are set to USA. You could just set them all back to Korean if you wish, but if you want USA wii, verify that they are all set to USA.

Also, run signcheck and verify that you have the standard ios files installed. You probably do.

Once you have verified the ios files are on the wii, you can change the wii back to korean, or set all the setting to usa, and install 4.1u from within ARC. You may need to install cios before doing anything.

Let us know if you make it into data management.

If that does not work for you, try the 3.4u disk update. I am not sure if any Korean games have system menu updates, the one I checked did not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1