Help me use a 8 ios app on a 5.1.1 ios ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by keven3477, Jul 17, 2016.

1. keven3477
    OP

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere you can never find.
    As the title says I want some help to play a certain game that plays on ios 8 but my ipod only updates to 6. I already have the app installed by using a cydia app but everytime I load it, it instantly closes after a half second. I believe I have done something like this before but I cant remember how I did it and I cant find the steps in google anymore. thanks in advance.

p.s I am trying to install pokemon go.

2. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    You won't be able to do much with pokemon go unless you have a phone that you can use as a hotspot for your ipod. If you do have a phone like that, why not play Pokemon go on that phone instead? I'll assume you're using an iPod 4 because it's final version is 6.1.6 and 5.1.1 was a typo. I think the iPod 4 is way too underpowered to run pokemon go. I read once that ios developers typically require a minimum ios that's high just to prevent low end devices from running it as the low end devices would experience frequent crashes or slow framerates.

Last edited by Boogieboo6, Jul 17, 2016
  3. anthonyplep

anthonyplep (´ε` )

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    Ohio
    Pokemon Go has jailbreak detection. Google how to bypass the detection and see how it goes from there. I'm using xCon to block detection on my device, although I'm on iOS 8.4, so I can't guarantee what works for me will work for you. Worth a shot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ If you have absolutely no way to play outside of your home since you're on an iPod touch, perhaps try PokemonGoAnywhere as well (assuming it works)

Last edited by anthonyplep, Jul 17, 2016
    keven3477 likes this.
  4. keven3477
    OP

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere you can never find.
    I already knew about the jailbreak detection and I installed another cydia app to counter that but it didn't work, I might try the one you suggested.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The only other device I do have is an android that is able to run it but is underpowered that the app closes after 20 seconds of running. I am using an iPod touch 4g but the firmware is 5.1.1 instead of 6 but I might update if necessary. Honestly I believe that my iPod is strong enough to play it and that's why I am trying to do this.

5. Xanthe

Xanthe Sith

Dec 23, 2015
    United States
    The specs of the iPod 4 are not good enough to run a game such as Pokemon GO, especially considering you would need a Wi-Fi hotspot.

6. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    That's like trying to run a crysis on a fucking Toaster. It's not going to do much. The ipod 4 doesn't even have GPS as far as I know.