Hacking Help Me - Untitled Games Working on R4 SDHC but have no Cheats!

Snowwiedragn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a R4 SDHC with v1.24 firmware and a SanDisk 8GB SDHC card. I have 31 games on it (in the GAMES folder) and my 2 new downloaded games (Club Penguin - Elite Penguin Force and Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Stardust Accelerator - World Championship 2009) that I uploaded into the MicroSD card have a picture of a DS (phat) as the pic and says Untitled in the box where the game name should be. The games work fine, but they don't have the Cheat (Y) button appearing, even though I have moved the cheats up in the database (usrcheat.dat) and the other ones I moved work. The games are not last in the Games file , they are 6&7th to last. My MicroSD card is not loaded to the brim (only around 2.5GB of stuff in all). Is there any way to get the pic and names on the games and make the cheats appear?

Thanks - Snowwiedragn

P.S. Please reply quickly i would like to get these games working. Also, if you need more info (other than where i bought it, I got it for Christmas last year) just ask me.

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
There is a problem with some flashcards such as the R4DS and all of its clones (M3 Simply, N5DS, ect) which limits the number of cheats that are displayed for games. This means that cheats for games that appear at the end of the cheat file are not displayed, this includes games for The World Ends With You, Yu-Gi-Oh, Trauma Center and others.

You have four options, the first is to get a new flashcard, the second is to delete the games from the cheat file you don't plan to use, the third option is to move the games to the top of the list and the fourth option is to use the CHEAT(UE).DAT file which has all the Japanese cheats removed.

I have updated the first post of the The NEW massive CHEAT compilation thread with a link to a R4CCE tutorial by Curley to edit the cheat files.

Before posting about games not having cheats in the forums, please check the GameList.txt file to see if the game really does have cheats.

Please read the IMPORTANT NOTICE posted in the cheats database...It's in bold yellow letters..

Snowwiedragn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did check, it has cheats. I did move the cheats, the other ones i moved work.

EDIT: I moved them right under Myst (U) if you needed that info.

EDIT: I'm eating a gyro so I'll check back every few minutes.

Snowwiedragn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
Yeah, the r4 clone firmware has a bug where after 4gb, it cannot title games. Use YSMenu.

I i have ~2.5 GB of stuff on my MicroSD. That's not OVER 4 GB of stuff on my card, i know that for sure. Did you not read my post up there ------^? I tried YSMenu, it didn't work and looked as bad as everyone said.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
r4 SDHC seems like giving lots of people problem

if ysmenu doesn't help
moving the cheat doesn't help
i think the best is you manage your own database

http://cheats.gbatemp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24

if you have 1 game or a few games in the DB
yet if cheats still don't show up
2 more possiblities

your flash card is hopless (i don't mean to say this but you are not the first who use r4 SDHC havign such problem)
or
game id

Snowwiedragn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had this pop-up come up on my r4 one day when i turned it on and touched GAMES, i cant remembor what it said. something about memory. do u know anything about it elixir?

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think I know what you mean.
Games that you put show up as untitled. A solution to that is backup your data, reformat and put your data back and ta-da! You're untitled games suddenly become 'titled'
ohmy.gif

Snowwiedragn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naglaro00 said:
I think I know what you mean.
Games that you put show up as untitled. A solution to that is backup your data, reformat and put your data back and ta-da! You're untitled games suddenly become 'titled'
ohmy.gif
ok. what i did is added a random game, it came up as titled.
sooooo..do i take out the untitled games and put them back in? ill try that

stardust works, i guess thats what i do. THANKS GUYS! BOARD CLOSED FO GOOD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...