Help me to make system backup

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Gagarin, May 8, 2011.

May 8, 2011
  1. Gagarin
    OP

Member Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ok. So I have reinstalled everything on my computer. Everything works like a charm.
    Now I want to make system restore on external hdd, and boot it in case of emergency.

I know that windows 7 has an option like that, also I use DriveImageXML, but it is not what I want.

Is there a posiblity to make backup in program and restore it with some boot program? Right now DriveImageXML can do the trick, but it has to run in Windows, and it can not restore the partition that it runs on.
    I remeber that Ghost Image has something like that years ago. Any suggestions?

2. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
  3. suppachipmunk

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks to Gagarin for posting the question and thanks to Dter ic for a freeware that I can use when I upgrade to my SSD soon. [​IMG]

@Dter ic, have you successfully used this software before?

4. Gagarin
    OP

Member Gagarin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  5. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    the one i found should be easy to use, and Gargarin it has a live cd so you can restore your backups.

@supachipmunk no, i haven't used it before

EDIT; I found something a bit more user friendly and i have used easeus products before so i don't see why this won't work

Easeus Todo Backup Home

6. shadowmanwkp

Member shadowmanwkp Your roms are on another rom site

Netherlands
    http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/

Download, burn to CD, and you got a lot of useful tools, including a backup tools that can be run without using windows, thus you can backup all the files on your hard drive.