XP
Country
United States
Hiratai said:
The modchip you want, any one.
I suggest the Wiikey or the CycloWiz!
yaynds.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just checked the price on the Wlip, $47.54! WOW!

Is there anything else out there? This really sucks... but for the ability to play all the Wii titles I want without having to buy them anymore does make it a little better... but still... almost $48 and that's not even including a mod chip, which is another $25...
frown.gif

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
just checked the price on the Wlip, $47.54! WOW!

Is there anything else out there? This really sucks... but for the ability to play all the Wii titles I want without having to buy them anymore does make it a little better... but still... almost $48 and that's not even including a mod chip, which is another $25...
frown.gif

*coff* its cheaper than 2 games *coff*

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
here's what's gonna happen... wife's alseep, so I have to wait till morning... going to try to get her to go with the Wlip, and Wiikey combo... $64.99 (plus shipping)... so I'm looking at just under $70. She really want's Guitar Hero games, since I told her I can put almost any song she wants in it if I have the modchip...

I'll have to trade in SSBB and MKWii (but I can get the backups, so no real loss, but do I need the REAL Twilight Princess to access the exploit, or will a backup work just the same?) to get a Wii Guitar.

It's almost worth it, for the custom GH songs... I'll let you all know what she says when I hear it, lol

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
I'll have to trade in SSBB and MKWii (but I can get the backups, so no real loss, but do I need the REAL Twilight Princess to access the exploit, or will a backup work just the same?) to get a Wii Guitar.
Depends.
If V3.3 is installed on your machine -> Download Twilight Hack compatible with 3.3 and install the Homebrew Channel by using the boot.elf file of it.
If V3.2 or lower is installed on your machine -> Either burn the region of your disc onto a CD and install it or use the Twilight hack and install it.

Also, Twilight hack works on both "backups" and real copies.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Answer these questions;

What chip do you have?
Is it solderless, or can it be made solderless?
How reliable are updates for your chip?
Can you keep your Wii firmware up to date, or do you have to be at or below 3.2?
Can you post a link to the shop you bought it from?

If you can't answer at least one of these, please don't post in this thread. If you post something stupid, or assanine, as half the posts here already are, I will report them as off topic, since they are.

WASABI
It's not solderless
Chip is updeatable, but there are no updates to now (only for Korean)
Yes, I can. I have 3.2, but I'm too lazy to upgrade. Also, there is no reason.
Shop? Hmm it don't have it's site, but:
http://www.allegro.pl/show_user.php?uid=6731978
(it's like an ebay)
http://www.allegro.pl/item386458642_nowosc..._model_wii.html -this.

Sorry if it have harmed you. Sorry!
coco.jpg
PLEASE FORGIVE ME

Twilight Hack works on backup too.

PS.I fried up my wii once. I had OpenWii and it unsoldered some way. I tried to solder it again with 300Watt soldering iron
gbasp2.gif

I wasn't the best way to get it working... but I bought the WASABI and 15Watt soldering iron, and it's working now
tongue.gif

Koekje

Trophies
Website
supertosti.furion.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quote from Afterdawn Forums:
Be careful with solderless modchips,because if the connection on the chip gets lost it could damage the console.I looked into a solderless solution for the PS2 called DMS EZI,and you wouldn't believe how many people had problems with it.Although a novice could solder one of the modchips currently in the Wii(except for the D2C chip install).It would be cool if you could swap out the chip though without desoldering/resoldering another one in.The only problem I have with them is the connections,every console I have seen that uses solderless modchips experiences a problem with the connections.To be honest I would like to see a softmod method like GCoS that was used on the GameCube,but instead for the Wii.It would be safe and you can implement everything available that the modchips already offer.
Link: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/578073

Looks like solderless chips aren't without danger, i suggest you to (let) solder a chip in it, if you need to return your console to Nintendo (Or if you have another reason why the chip has to be removed) you can simply remove it by unsoldering it. I dunno if it's true, but my modder told me that he was willing to remove my D2PRO without any stuff leaving behind if it is required, he said that i could return it to Nintendo without the fear that they would be able to see that my Wii was once modded after he did so. If you can't solder it anyway i suggest using a WiiClip, and make sure to check all connections twice. Also make sure that you use some electrical tape or something to make sure that the WiiClip won't lose it's connection. I will have a look to see if a WiiClip (Eventually with a chip included) is available nearby you for not too much money, and will put it here if i found so.
smile.gif

EDIT: Look here: http://www.ozmodchips.com/wiiclip-v4c-sold...wire-p-150.html A solderless WiiClip for $39.00, you can choose between this:
D2PRO presoldered on the clip + triwing which will be +$60.00
D2PRO presoldered but without triwing will be +$55.00
D2PRO sealed + triwing will be +$55.00
Only a D2PRO and no special stuff, you will need to solder it on the clip yourself, will be +$50.00
Or if you already have a 9-wire D2PRO it's just $39.00 and no extra stuff. Note that the options described above are $39.00 for the clip and the price after each option will be added to the $39.00. I have this chip myself (Soldered, not clipped) and i can really recommend it to you, you don't need to update it as it works directly with any game, also problemgames like Mario Kart Wii, Super Mario Galaxy and such. I hope this won't be too much money, i tried to find something for you, don't blame me if it's nothing usable please. I'm only trying to help you out.
smile.gif

Oh and by the way, i found this topic too last night while browsing the forums: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=80459
they're giving discount on a WiiClip with a D2ckey presoldered and a triwing, aka the full package. Jump over to the topic to find out more, dunno if it's something for you but thought it would maybe suit you.
wink.gif

Hope that helped you out in some way!
smile.gif

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Absolutely last question here, lol

I had some bad PS2 mod chip problems (namely, I could never get the right one for my console) so I'm looking at the Wiikey. Will it work on my console, no matter what version it is? I found this, PDF that shows how to install a WiiKey. Will it be the same on EVERY console, or is it different on D2B and D2C chipsets?

BTW, thanks for ALL the help everyone... This has really been a positive experience for me. Back in my PS2 days (when the slim was first released), I couldn't find a single person on any forum to help me out, but everyone that's been helping me here is awesome!

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, first off you must tell me which drive version you have. Do it here: http://wiitracker.nintendo-scene.com/search.php?serial. Just write your serial number. If you have DMS, D2A or D2B, then Wiikey is good choice, but for D2C(2) and D2E you have to get never modchip. Wasabi or D2Cpro.

Ps. Get newer modchip due to Wiikey 001 errors, lack of Gamecube Audiofix in latest version to enable Super Smash Bros.Brawl.

Try2bcool

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel your pain. I had major problems with the PS2 mods also. I fried the main board on mine trying to do it myself, then found someone who said they could do it. Well, 6 months later, he sent me a PS2 that had a rats nest of wires in it, and it worked for about a week (and not well, either) then stopped playing anything at all. I finally found someone that knew what they were doing and got one that has worked perfect ever since.

From what I've seen, the Wii mod doesn't look all that difficult to solder (nothing near as bad as the PS2!)
Maybe you could ask around and see if anyone knows someone that can do them (or has had multiple successes with PS2's - if they can get those to work, the Wii would be a piece of cake!)

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:
Well, first off you must tell me which drive version you have. Do it here: http://wiitracker.nintendo-scene.com/search.php?serial. Just write your serial number. If you have DMS, D2A or D2B, then Wiikey is good choice, but for D2C(2) and D2E you have to get never modchip. Wasabi or D2Cpro.

Ps. Get never modchip due to Wiikey 001 errors, lack of Gamecube Audiofix in latest version to enable Super Smash Bros.Brawl.

I have a D2B, as stated before... I'm pretty set on the Wiikey, since it's the easiest to install, and provides good support...

Do you have a link to this "Never" modchip? I've not heard or seen anything about it.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
skawo96 said:

Ps. Get never modchip due to Wiikey 001 errors, lack of Gamecube Audiofix in latest version to enable Super Smash Bros.Brawl.

I have a D2B, as stated before... I'm pretty set on the Wiikey, since it's the easiest to install, and provides good support...

Do you have a link to this "Never" modchip? I've not heard or seen anything about it.
I have this:CLICK
Really, no problems at all, if you have D2B then it's easy to install.

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, just noticed something that is confusing as hell... I have the D2B chip, but I don't have the cut legs... I took a photo, and set it to the highest resolution to get the most detail, and trust me, it's a HUGE photo...

I'm putting it in spoiler tags just to save on space on the thread... 2.76meg, 2816x2112 pixels... should be damn good resolution, and enough to see my chip...

2nququc.jpg

This has gotten too damn confusing, lol... too many chips, too many options, and not enough info out there, lol

JOCKz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
get a wasabi, its a 5 point install on D2B drives. I think if you get a wiiclip its a 1 point install (F wire) Heres pics of my Wasabi install, on my D2B wii. Btw you can get wiiclips for practically all chips now.

im not too keen on wiiclips. Iv heard they come loose and damage IC legs. Think of it this way ... if you had to put two pieces of metal together would you

a) press them together and hope they dont come loose ?
or
b) weld them together and know the job is done ?

zidane_genome

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to solder the chip in myself, but there's no way in hell my wife will let me... and don't say to do it behind her back... she won't let me order the chip without a solderless solution. Plus, I'd rather just do the solderless incase I have to send it back to Nintendo... without massive drops of solder on the exact points they know are mod points, they will just send me back a new Wii if I happen to break a leg... no big deal...

peterg19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiKey is a good choice for a D2B. I have seen them as cheap as $14. You'll need a tri-wing screwdriver to take the Wii apart. Add a Wii-clip for a solderless solution. The wii-key needs to be soldered to the wii-clip but if you buy both in the same place they will usually do that for you for a nominal fee ($2-$7).

Reliable sites I know of where you can get all of the above are:

www.foundmy.com wiikey $14 wiikey+triwing $20 wii-clip $19. The website does not offer a presoldered option but they do that for all their other modchips so it must be an option. They are reliable but in the past they have had trouble getting product out the door and answering emails. US shipping is currently free.

ozmodchips.com $59 (wiikey, triwing, wiiclip, presoldered). Yes they are in Australia but they have excellent customer service and they ship as fast or faster that almost anyone else. Sign-up (free) with wiinewz.com and use discount code 'wnzfs' to get free shipping (yes they verify that you are truly a member).

www.modchipcentral.com $50.90+$9.95 shipping (wiikey, triwing, wiiclip, presoldered). I have not dealt with them personally but have heard good things.

I feel it necessary to add that your wife will no doubt freak a bit seeing your Wii in pieces on the kitchen table. Also taking the Wii apart and putting a solderless clip on is not completely trivial. All of these parts are really small and delicate. Look at wii-clip.com (version 3 clip) and Google "wii-key installation" to get a sense of what you are in for.

Don't let me scare you off though, I expect all will go well.

Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, cuz you both werent here
    +1
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    oh btw, did you know that the teenage mutant ninja turtles is having an r rated live action movie?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I did not know that
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but it would make sense
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    just look it up
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    from the perspective that the original audience that saw it as kids are now grown adults
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I heard the original comic books were as dark as that
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's called the last ronin
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. The outlet notes that this new iteration is being written by “Tyler Burton Smith, who co-wrote the upcoming R-rated action movie Boy Kills World and who wrote the 2019 iteration of Chucky horror franchise Child’s Play.”
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I grew up with the 2012 show
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so yeah, they're will be lots of kills
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so kinda like how they went r rated in the Loan movie for wolverine
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and remember that time when someone had the idea to make scooby doo r rated?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    where shaggy is a stoner and a pothead?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    that's a true story
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, the first scooby doo live action film?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's cancelled and not in the works anymore
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they kinda implied it, and joked about it in the cartoon attorney harvey birdman
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    im gonna binge watch metalocalypse, any tips?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty yeah in th elive action Shaggy meets a girl that introduces herself as "Mary jane" shaggy responds "thats my favorite name"
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    damn
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    the james gunn scooby doo is wild
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, it also had several deleted scenes
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i wish someone could remake it or leak the footage
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: i wish someone could remake it or leak the footage