Sogun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.

I'm interested in purchasing this HDD for mi Wii and I have some concerns:

It's listed as "Working" in the compatibility list but I don't quite get the comments. It says "This drive works perfectly, after two failed drives, [...]". Does it mean this drive has a very low success ratio or the reviewer is refering to other different hdd?

A second concern is about the physical sector size of the drive. What is it?. I've been reading than most of the 2TB hdd and all of higher capacity, have a size of 4096 bytes instead of the usual 512. I'm using ULoader and the author made very clear that the app will not work with sector over 512 bytes. Also, I'm using Windows XP 32 bits so if the drive is over 512 bytes it won't recognize it.

Finally. The review says that the Wii recognizes both FAT32 and WBFS partitions. It doesn't mention anything about NAND emulation, though, and I'm very interested in that. My idea is to have a large FAT32 partition for emulators, WiiMC stuff and NAND emulation from ULoader; and another WBFS partition for Wii games.

Anybody that has this hdd can give me a hand?

Thanks.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It's listed as "Working" in the compatibility list but I don't quite get the comments. It says "This drive works perfectly, after two failed drives, [...]". Does it mean this drive has a very low success ratio or the reviewer is refering to other different hdd?

They're refering to other HDD's

Sogun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for your answer. I was thinking the same, but just wanted to be sure.

Now, if somebody knew about sector size and NAND emulation with this drive...

Sogun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for double-posting.

When I look for the HDD features, it is said to be Windows XP compatible in all the webs and shops I've visited.
So, if Windows XP can handle it, that means the sector size must be 512b, Am I right? Or there is a way to run 4k sector size HDD on Windows XP through 'special' methods?

Thank you.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
To answer your first question, yes it will work perfectly.

Source - I have the very same HDD and been using it for 5-6 months now without any problems at all.
P.S. - Just DON'T drop it anywhere
wink.gif
and you'll be fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Bugspanker 2000.