Hacking [Help] Inifinite loading screen --> shutdown --> I lost my partition format?

momin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Today I used my wii HDD on my brother's wii. The usb loader couldn't read the usb and I shutdown the Wii pushing power button for a few seconds.

After that homebrew channel did not detect my hdd anymore, I went to my computer and it asked me to format (which I did not), I went to my wii and it didn't detect the partition.

It seems a loss of format for a bad shutdown, what do you recommend me to do?

I don't want to try random things so I will wait hoping that someone could help me.

Last edited by momin,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of HDD and what partition type? Which USB loader?
If your PC is asking you if you want the format the drive then something corrupted it. What does the drive show as in disk management?

It's usually better to keep your homebrew apps on SD and just games and media on a HDD.

momin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What kind of HDD and what partition type? Which USB loader?
If your PC is asking you if you want the format the drive then something corrupted it. What does the drive show as in disk management?

It's usually better to keep your homebrew apps on SD and just games and media on a HDD.

It is a Fat32 partition. My HDD has two partition, first is 900GB Fat 32 (now hdd management shows it as unformatted partition) and second partition is NTFS 100GB.

Any clues?

I don't know if I should do a chkdsk : /r or to use other different tool, any recommendation would be more than welcome since I don't have experiences in HDD diagnostics.

Last edited by momin,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check and see if it's still showing the two partitions when you have it connected to the PC. I don't think you can run chkdsk until the partitions can be mounted.

momin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Check and see if it's still showing the two partitions when you have it connected to the PC. I don't think you can run chkdsk until the partitions can be mounted.

Yes it shows the partition with letter G and format "RAW" (no format, I guess). Should I use "chkdsk G: /r" on windows? Os is there any other option/program more recommendable?

Last edited by momin,

momin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When I try chkdsk G: /r, windows tell me that the drive format is NTFS and can't do the chkdsk properly (first sector damaged..) ... but the partition format is FAt32, not NTFS! What could I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER